32 weeks

Well hello 8th month, how are you doing?  We are definitely in the homestretch now, and soon this house will be turned upside down!  I'm both excited and terrified, I hope that is normal.

It has been a super exciting baby week.  Not really, it's actually been filled with what seems like hundreds of doctors appointments and ultrasounds.  I was actually very excited for the ultrasound so that we could take another look at the baby.  He was rather uncooperative and we left there having seen very little.  It also occurred to me that we have never been able to see the baby's face.  He is constantly hiding behind his hands.  With Nathan we always saw his little face and his little nose up in the air, but this baby wants to be an enigma until the very end!

I'm also up 5kgs so far (about 10 pounds) this entire pregnancy.  It's hard to believe since I feel so huge compared to when I was pregnant the first time around.  I guess the weight just likes to re-distribute itself in other areas, like my rear end.

In any case, my doctor is using the dreaded "P" word as in "pre-term".  He has forbidden me from doing anything other than going to and from work.  Luckily Cornel was there when he told me that at home I should be resting with my feet up and doing the bare minimum for the next 3 weeks.  He is also using the dreaded "C" word - as in c-section.  You know, because my pelvic bones are so small and there is no way that a full term baby would ever get passed them.  Luckily I don't have to re-do the scans that I did two years ago, we just have to keep monitoring the size of the baby, who is now weight around 2 kgs (4 pounds) according to the lovely ultrasound.  Nathan was born at 2.3 kgs and 36 weeks and I think this baby is going to be much bigger!

In non-baby news.  This was a long holiday weekend and we enjoyed every second of it outdoors.  It has been unseasonably warm, which has been amazing.

Jeans:  Motherhood Maternity, Top:  H&M (non maternity), Sweater:  Old Navy, sunglasses:  Fendi

Sweater dress: Ann Taylor, Flower Belt, tights & Boots:  Zara, t-shirt:  H&M



pleated poppy

Pin It

18 comments:

April said...

Looking fabulous, I love that coat and the best you have round it.

Enjoy the warm weather it has been freezing here this week, literally!

Heidi / I'm with Leia said...

You're looking so good Barbara :) Amazing that you're at 32 weeks already - although my little man is already 6 weeks. I love following you pregnancy. Do hope you can avoid c-section. My little boy was (nearly) stuck due to my tailbone and they had to use a vacuum suction to get him out...but then again he was 4 kg at birth. (he's gained 1 kg now).
take care

PS Nice to get the doctors order to not do any house work don't you think? ;)

Susan said...

I gained 10 lbs my first trimester. Sigh.
You look lovely ~ love that first picture.

Stephanie said...

8 months and only a 10 lb weight gain?!? Good job :) Hope everything continues to go well and you don't go preterm.

Jessica said...

So cute, love that brown sweater dress!

Mark said...

I once called some woman the "C" word. She didn't take it very well.
Take care of yourself and tell Cornel to rub your feet.
m.

vinobaby said...

LOVE the dress. I've been looking for something in that exact color. Lovely, as always...

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

Hope everything continues to go well. Take it easy and rest up. Doctors orders, literally!

Kiddothings said...

Gosh you still look so small for 8 months! Hope all goes well for the last month! :)

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

Lookin' great lady. Just relax and you'll have a healthy little baby in no time! Getting REALLY CLOSE! So exciting!

Elena said...

You look so great! And yes, definitely rest at home. Put those feet up. :)

Natalie said...

I love the pic of you in the sweater dress...we're getting close to the final countdown!

Amanda said...

Oooh, love the sweater dress! You look adorable, as always.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

You look so adorable with your baby bump! Wishing you the very best through your pregnancy :)

Unlike France, we had our first really chilly day yesterday. I wished I had a hat for my nose to keep it warm!

We think we are getting a kitty this weekend, so we too are expanding our family by one. We are very excited! XOL

tracy@sellabitmum said...

You are so stunning. I LOVE that flower belt!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

I am catching up with blogging again this time after our Olive Harvest. It is lovely to see you looking so well. Take Care.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your flower belt! You are just too cute!

Jessica said...

Beautiful backgrounds for both pictures. You are so close to the end!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...