My Big 22...

I'm far from being 22, but as a woman in my early 30's there are definitely a lot of things I have done.  Some of these things I've been proud of, some things I'm embarrassed about but all of these things have made me who I am.

So...let me share 22 things that I have done:

22.  I have visited over 12 countries

21.  I have lived in 3 different foreign countries

20.  Speak three languages

19.  Kissed my husband on top of the Eiffel Tower


18. Was 2 credits shy of having a double major in college and didn't do it.

17.  Been to New York during Christmas time

16.  Enjoyed a 100 euro bottle of wine

15.  Lost over 60 pounds in one year

14. Owned a BMW and was too scared to drive it in traffic

13. Eaten rattlesnake

12. Eaten worms, ant eggs and grasshoppers while on a business trip to Mexico

11.  Driven cross country across the United States

10.  Moved out of my parent's home at the age of 17

9.  Worked my way through college as a waitress

8.  Have been to too many drag shows

7.  Traveled the world for free when I worked for an airline in Phoenix

6.  Seen Paul McCartney in concert while 6 months pregnant all while dancing in the rain

5.  Have walked into a living room while a naked man slept on the couch (funniest night ever)

4.  Cry at almost every girlie movie

3.  Have held grudges for years

2.  Have known most of my friends for over 15 years and I love them all

1.  Cried on both my wedding day and when the placed my son in my arms for the first time.




Mama’s Losin’ It

Pin It

19 comments:

Shell said...

You've done a lot,girl!

Alison said...

What a great list! You sound like you've done a lot of interesting things.
I'm stopping by from Mama Kat's.

Kimberly said...

You live an amazing life Barbara!!

Adrienne said...

Great list! The only one that completely took me by surprise was the "been to too many drag shows"!! How funny!

Jen said...

I love your list, Barbara...it's so sweet, except the eating worms and rattlesnake...that's a little gross ;)
I love the pictures :)

Helene said...

Wow, you sure have done a lot in your life so far!! Your bucket list is probably quite small compared to mine!!

Mark said...

Man-up Barbara!
You cry at every "girlie" movie? You should switch to Slasher movies. I never cry over them.
m.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I have found myself crying during the same things you have. I just well up with tears.

Jessica said...

You have lived quite a life lady!

Jessica said...

You have eaten some nasty foods but other than that it sounds like a life well lived.

Nenette AM said...

Aw, I love it! #19? So romantic!
Kudos on #15, and I would love to go to one drag show in my lifetime! :)

Kimberly said...

I love your list, but there is no way I could have eaten rattlesnake or ant eggs!

Galit Breen said...

You've been busy! And adventurous! And oh my, the foods you've tried! Go you!

Kiddothings said...

If you've done 12 & 13, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to take durian. I haven't done many things in your list. Nice one!

Nieves said...

What a great list! You have got a life full of accomplishments so far I am sure the list will get growing and growing. Congratulations! Have a lovely weekend,

Stacey said...

I didn't like #15....not pleasant memories for me and I am sure even worse for you....

I did enjoy the list as a whole though!! How great some of them are and the last one is true for me as well. I however have only been your friend for 10 years:(

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Wonderful post! I'm impressed you speak three languages! Pretty sure I could never eat grasshopper.

Elena said...

What a great list! I really want to see NY at Christmas time as well. I've been to Chicago - which I think does a great job - but probably not the same as NY.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

fascinating list. we have some things in common. not of the bug and rattlesnake variety, though! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...