M.I.A

I have been a little absent lately and it seems that life finally caught up with me.  I have been incredibly busy at work and once I get home I am in birthday party overload.

I do this to myself every year.  I build up these expectations of what I want Nathan's party to be and then I realize that I am in way over my head.  And all for a 2 year old's birthday party.  Just call me insane.  I complain about it every year and then I get sucked into doing it all over again.  What is going to happen when I have 2 birthday parties to plan in one year?

As for this weekend, my mom was gracious enough to mail me a glue gun all the way from the US because I couldn't find one here in France.  I'm sure they exist - I just obviously wasn't hitting up the right stores.  Armed with a glue gun in hand I set out to make out these lovely accessories for Nathan's Mickey party.  It all seemed so simple - the directions seemed fool proof.  But I overestimated my ability with a glue gun.  I only managed to make 2 and they are filled with my blood sweat and tears - and oh yeah burnt skin!  It will all be worth it right?


I have also been up to my nose in subway art, cupcake toppers and my living room looks like the Mickey Clubhouse has exploded.

But all in all, this weekend was productive.  And Nathan even wanted to pick up some accessories while we went grocery shopping on Saturday.


But now, things seem to be getting back to normal, as normal as they can be around here and I will hopefully have more time to blog about all of the shenanigans going on around here.  Hopefully you will stick with me.
Pin It

17 comments:

Kiddothings said...

Haha! That's why I've learnt not to stress myself over my kids' party planning. Baking a cake for them is stressful enough!

All the best and hope to read more about your party planning escapades ;)

Stacey said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I imagine that along with the glue gun being hard to find, so were the other materials and therefore were probably a bit different from what the other lady used. I would have suggested fabric glue for you for this one.....I think it is great that you tried!!

And I tend to go a little overboard too;) This is why I LOVE you!!

Shell said...

Maybe it just wasn't there! I never would think about things like that!

Missy said...

I used to go a little over the top on birthdays. Ok, maybe I still do, but I don't go over the top on parties anymore. Phew.

Jessica said...

That was nice of your mom to mail a glue gun. I only go big birthday bashes for the first birthday because it is too much work, I always go overboard.

Natalie said...

Hey it happens! We'll stick with you! :)

Nieves said...

It seems to be so fun, all the birthday plannings, in spite of the glue gun! Don't ask yourself too much and just enjoy what you have! Many kisses and try to have some rest as well!

Shellsea said...

I can't wait to see pictures from Nathan's birthday party! Your a fabulous mom and it will be great!

Hungrigyrl said...

I know what that's like! I stress over the kids birthday parties ad in the end, no matter what happens all the kids end up having fun and usually I find that I went overboard/bought too much stuff/spent too much $. It will all work out. Try to relax. :)

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Hang in there... Lovebug's only 6 months and I'm already planning her first birthday! I, too, build up expectations, but I can be a procrastinator... not a good combo. Looks good so far! And I'll definitely stick around.

Kate R said...

I just re-discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading through some of your past posts. My husband is from just outside Clermont-Ferrand so I love reading about your life there (and dreaming just a little of living there myself!). I'm looking forward to reading more when you have more time to post :)

Jen said...

Cute picture! That Tigger is huge!! Good luck with the party planning...I always do the same thing too, go overboard ;)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I'll bet that's going to be a great party--worth the blood, sweat, and tears...maybe.

We're celebrating my daughter's birthday this weekend and I haven't done a thing yet!

Kimberly said...

I go way overboard on planning the kids' parties!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I'm sure you were in need of a glue gun anyway :) Have a fun party! XoL

Stephanie said...

Looks like it will be a fabulous party!! Hope you all have fun.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I tend to go overboard too. I bet is was great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...