3 Little Monkeys

If you follow me on twitter then you've probably seen this beautiful photo below.  It is one of my favorite pictures, I mean really - any pictures with Monkeys has to be good.
In 2007 before heading on a cruise around the Caribbean we stayed with friends in Miami.  In their family room they had the most AWESOME monkey portraits.  Seriously!  We were so in love with the three monkey portraits that we even named them.  This one was Tallulah.  I could hardly leave Miami without taking a picture with her.  In an homage to her and her beautiful flowered headpiece, I had to try and recreate it.  We were at a lack of flowers - but not wax fruit, and so after a few moments I too was transformed into Tallulah!

I have searched high and low for a portrait like Tallulah, but sadly have had no luck and this is why I cherish this picture so. 

Let us not forget her two friends....
 

See aren't they awesome?  Wouldn't you love to have them in your living room?

We were so enamored by these monkeys that we tried to recreate their pictures the entire time we were on our cruise.

Tallulah will forever hold a special place in my heart.


Mama’s Losin’ It

Pin It

21 comments:

vinobaby said...

I always did wonder about the fruit on the head. I never noticed the monkey behind you though. Talk about a conversation starter. No one would ever be at a loss for words in that room!

Cheers.

Jen said...

Those are hilarious!! I love it :)

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I never noticed the monkey in the back. I just thought you were being silly.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The monkey pictures are fun! I now understand the fruit.

SUPAHMAMA! said...

Those portraits are a RIOT!!! My Husband would have an aneurysm if I hung Monkey Portraits behind the couch. He would think I'd lost my mind, news flash to him, that happened a LONG time ago!!! LOL. Tallulah is my favorite too. :)

Nenette AM said...

I love it! If I ever come across one of those monkey pics, I'll definitely let you know. :)

I have to say, though, that I personally have a problem with monkey portraits in my house. And I mean the ones that are face on, because I always think they're staring at me -- no matter where I walk in the room! It's creepy. And apparently, I have Planet of the Apes issues.

Janie said...

Ha so this is the story behind the photo! Love the "Tallulah's" name!

Arnebya said...

OK I literally just burst out laughing in the office. Out of nowhere. My weirdness has intensified to these people I work with but don't talk to. And @Nenette above -- you made it so much worse w/the staring and the Planet of the Apes issues OMG I can't stop laughing.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

that is HIGH-larious!!!

Kat said...

Those are hilarious! I just found you on Mama Kat and I am an American in Toulouse! I will definitely start stopping by more often to compare lives!

Hungrigyrl said...

Those pictures are great!! :)

snipewife said...

I'm actually at a loss for words... monkey pictures in my living room? I'm not sure I could pull that off. My friend has a copy of Blue Dog which is just as eclectic and it is actually her profile pic at the moment. from Mama Kat's....

Jessica said...

I have always wondered about your profile picture on Twitter. I'm glad to finally know the story behind it.

Anastasia said...

I like that it has just the right amount of creepiness and awesomeness.

Elena said...

I never noticed the monkey in the background - but always wondered about your avi. Love the story behind it!

Adrienne said...

LOL! You guys are funny! Those are interesting pictures for sure! :)

Kim said...

I've never seen those before. I think it's funny that you guys were so in love with them.

Sonya said...

That is hysterical!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Hahaha! Now that's something I never knew I wanted, but now I think I want. I love your recreations. :)

Natalie said...

LOL this is hilarious...monkeys are just funny creatures!

Kristi said...

Just finally seeing this today! Thanks for starting my day off with a huge smile! Those monkeys are adorable!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...