28 weeks

Another week, another dollar...is that how the saying goes?  Except in my case another week means another pound gained!

I feel like I'm growing exponentially lately and I'm so uncomfortable.  Sitting at a desk for over 10 hours a day I'm sure isn't helping the situation.  I remember the days during my first pregnancy when I could just lay on the couch and rest, but trying to chase a busy toddler with a huge belly is no easy task.  Luckily, I can count on my hands the number of weeks until my maternity leave.  In France you start your maternity leave 6 weeks before your due date, which means I only have 6 weeks left of work.  The day cannot come soon enough.

The weather here has been amazing lately, so I've been able to go out and enjoy the sunshine.  My maternity clothes are still iffy, however.  My pants don't fit and they fall down so often that it makes it look like I've crapped my pants.  Definitely not an attractive look for me.  But my maternity shirts, even though they are still too big, are so comfy and roomy that I love to wear them all the time.

Dress:  Ann Taylor (old); Scarf:  Florence street Vendor; Sunglasses:  Fendi; tights and boots Zara

On Sunday we went to a little town in the mountains, Murol to enjoy the fall scenery.  It was such a great day and such a great way to spend Sunday as a family.


Jeans & Cardigan:  Motherhood Maternity; Shirt:  H&M; Shoes:  Tod's




pleated poppy

Pin It

32 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, you're finally showing! =) You look great!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Such beautiful photos of you - such a great way to journal the journey :)

Kiddothings said...

You look amazing! Love these outdoor shots! :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the last shot! What a beautiful place to roam!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

Beautiful as usual!

Quiana said...

Gorgeous pics! When I'm pregnant again I want it to be in Europe in the fall too. LOL!

vinobaby said...

You look so stylish and barely pregnant! Gorgeous!

Moomser said...

Very stylish pregnant momma!

Missy said...

Getting into that 3rd trimester! Hurray! Home stretch now. Kind of . . . :)

Elena said...

You look great! Shot #3 is such an awesome picture - I hope you frame that one. I remember being preggo with #2 - it is definitely a lot different when you can't go home and just lounge around. That's awesome about an early maternity leave. I think if I have a third, I'm moving to France! ;)

Mark said...

Whenever Fred doesn't want to do something, I say to him something like, "Oh, that's right, you French aren't used to working". I've known women here who leave early because of discomfort, go to the doctors and have the baby. That's an extreme on the other end.
Take care and soak up the sun!
m.

Cookie's Mom said...

You look great! Love that first fall outfit. Great photos - I agree with Elena - worth framing!

Stacey said...

Love the pics-congrats Cornel for having a wonderful photo eye!! Love N Miss u!!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

You're looking good mama! I've got an idea for your pants issue. What if you kept wearing your regular pants and used a belly band. I wore one over my regular pants through my pregnancy. I couldn't button my pants anymore but you couldn't tell because the band covered it up. Here's a link: http://www.ingridandisabel.com/category/ingrid-isabel-catalog/bellaband

Susan said...

Love the dress and boots!
Seriously girl, how amazing do you look? Unbelievable.
How long is the actual mat leave in France? Curious.

Rusti said...

you look FANTASTIC!! and I have to admit - I am soooo jealous of your maternity leave policy!! I was only able to take 7 weeks paid off when I had Goose, we are able to take 12 weeks per the Family Medical Leave Act, but at my work we only get paid for as much sick/vacation/personal/comp time as we have... so consider me SO jealous - and please, enjoy that maternity leave for all of us who have to work up until the day the baby arrives, and go back to work WAY too soon!! ;) xo

Cori said...

cute, cute, cute! Love all the outside shots!!

Liz said...

You are such a fashionable pregnant woman! And France's policy about maternity leave starting 6 weeks ahead is amazing!

tracy@sellabitmum said...

You are so gorgeous. Love that dress and I need those boots!

Twisted Mummy said...

Looking awesome!! :D

Sonya said...

I love your first outfit! You look great!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

You're looking fabulous! I love that you get to leave 6 weeks early. I think the U.S. needs to adopt that plan. :)

Stephanie said...

Great pictures! You look great even if you don't feel like you do.

Kimberly said...

Beautiful as always!

Jessica said...

Both of the outfits look cute. I hope the next 6 weeks go by fast for you.

Jen said...

You still look amazing to me! Those outdoor shots are my favorite yet!!

Sara said...

You look great!! Love the last picture!

Nieves said...

How lovely post and pretty photos Barbara! I especially like the one of yours lied over the bench. And the place in the country seems so beautiful in a sunny autumn! Take care and many kisses!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Oh, beautiful photos of you!

Kim said...

You look adorable! And I remember how tiring it was chasing around a busy/naughty toddler after working all day. No fun. Hope you get lots of rest!

Natalie said...

Those pics are amazing...what beautiful scenery! You are so pretty pregnant!

Liene said...

I love your style! Passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you for that gorgeously stylin' bump, from FemmeauFoyer2011.blogspot.com!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...