23 months


I'm in denial that my sweet baby boy will be two in just a few short weeks.  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital and adjusting to those sleepless nights?

This month - Nathan has been in rare form - which leads me to believe that the terrible two's will be just that.  He is very inquisitive and loves to explore everything.  He is constantly talking although we can only understand about half of what he is saying and his languages are all over the place.  I have started making the mistake of giving him commands in French rather than English, which I really need to stop doing.  I really would love for him to make the separation between English at home and French at school, but I think the entire family is just too jumbled.

He loves to say "assis" (sit) whenever he wants to sit somewhere or whenever he is sitting somewhere and now his colors are starting to come in French.  While before they were all in English now they are coming in both - "rouge red" is red.  He also has a little trouble with his animals and loves to point at "les cows" rather than "les vaches", but it's cute.  I do love that his teachers make an effort to let him express himself in English when he needs to.  Which was a big fear of mine.

He has turned out to be quite the little helper, and every night before he goes to bed he puts away all of his books and all of his toys.  Now if only I could get him to clean my kitchen - we'd be in business!  He does love to take the broom and run it all over the house, and while he makes more of a mess I love that he tries to be helpful.

His appetite is growing and he is venturing out to try new things as opposed to the hot dogs and pasta last month.  He is now fully eating what we are eating and loves to eat with us.  The only problem is that he much rather eat off our plates than his own, but as long as he eating - who am I to complain (for the time being).

He is still the sweetest boy and greets us each morning with a hug and kiss.  He loves to cuddle with us on the couch and read books.  I am trying to soak up all of his innocence before it disappears one day and he is just 'too cool' for mommy.

Pin It

20 comments:

Kiddothings said...

Oh wow, he's almost 2!! He's such a handsome boy and being bilingual is such a gift!

Kristi said...

I wish blogging would have been around when my kids were that age! What an awesome record you're going to have about him to look back on. :) As a mom I thought I would remember everything...sadly, I haven't. With each baby it got a bit harder to keep their stories straight in my head.
Keep enjoying him on his own for these last couple months, and keep blogging! You'll be glad you did. :)

Michelle said...

Maybe it's something in the air, because Lane has been into everything and quite the crab lately, too! And she likes to eat anything we're eating better than her own plate, even if it's the same food, so I think Nathan is normal there. =) Can't believe he'll be two soon!

Galit Breen said...

Oh my, so sweet! I love how much you archived right here! Lovely, friend!

Kim said...

Well all I can say is that you must be doing something right if he is tidying up before bed. I found two not as terrible as three. Love those pictures - he's such a handsome little guy!

Elena said...

What a sweetheart! Happy almost 2nd birthday. It's fun when they start to help out - adorable to see them do it & helpful to you all at the same time! I was actually wondering before this post what language you guys would speak at home. How fun that he'll have so many languages at such a young age.

Sonya said...

He is so handsome!

jeands said...

Happy almost 2 to your first born. Totally jealous that he is bilingual.

He is so handsome, btw.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

How fun to hear him speak in two languages! It sounds like he is a happy eater.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

oh I know what you mean. My little man is 22 months. It's like where the heck did the time go. Soak up all you can! I'm not looking forward to the day when cuddling with mommy isn't cool. Side note, Nathan is such a little cutie! :)

Jen said...

I love that he is such a helper...and if you figure out a way to get him to clean your kitchen, please let me in on the secret ;)
Cute pictures!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

He's just adorable. I love that he's bilingual - what a gift! XOL

Jessica said...

What a fun age! What a lucky boy to be multilingual and makes such cute stories, too.

Nieves said...

Your kid is lovely, and seems to be smart, he really looks after you! Kisses and have a lovely week with your lovely family!

Mark said...

He's a dollbaby, for sure!
Yes, unless you are a native speaker of French, speak only in English to him. The kids have no problem understanding Fred. But if I say the same thing in French(I try), they have no clue what I'm talking about.
Take care. m.

Minivan Mama said...

What a cutie! Two is so much work, but so much fun! Now if you get him to clean your kitchen, you gotta let me know how you did it!

Shell said...

What a cutie! :)

Shellsea said...

23 months, oh my! They grow up so fast. That is so cute that he is starting to use French. What an international traveler he's going to be!

Natalie said...

Awww such a big boy!

Missy said...

Awwww what a cutie. So he'll be 2 already when his brother is born?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...