10. Clean the house. I also love to utter the words "if I didn't have to work so much I could clean the house", but who am I kidding? I hate to clean and the house would be just as messy (if not much more if I were staying home).
8. Get my craft on. I would love to actually get creative and do things that I don't get to do in my spare time. Like scrapbook or sew - okay maybe not scrapbook since I have 0 patience but maybe sewing.
7. Save the environment. I would join these groups that save the environment you know like the NRDC and do something worthwhile with my time. Okay, maybe also an exaggeration - I'm lucky if I can sort the trash for the recycling every week. So maybe I would just not shower and get pretty everyday and call the water conservation "going green" and definitely find time to sort the garbage.
6. Join the PTA. I'd become one of these involved parents that I see everyday. You know - the ones that give the evil eye to parents like me for never having the time to get involved. I do give a good evil eye - so this has some potential.
5. Watch TV & eat bon bons. Seriously, at least for one portion of my day I want to be able to watch something other than the Disney Channel. I would get dragged into mindless soap operas (like I did during my maternity leave) and enjoy the mindless entertainment.
4. Nap. My son gets to take a 3 hour nap at school, I think I deserve the same.
3. Exercise. Because after doing nothing but watching TV while eating bons bons and napping I'm going to need to feel better about myself.
2. Stalk all of my friends on Facebook. Because the couple of hours that I get to do it at night isn't nearly enough time.
1. Shop! Oh how I would love to go shopping without a stroller or toddler in tow. I would try on all of those gorgeous non-mom clothes that I can't afford and daydream - then I leave the store without buying a thing.
What would you do if you didn't have to work?
Submitted as part of Mama Kat's writing workshop.