Then & Now

Cornel and I didn't have a typical relationship to say the least.  Our love story crosses oceans, since even though we worked for the same company in the same department - one of us lived in France and the other in the US.

Not that living in the same country would have made a difference since we were both traveling 85% of the time and spent most of our relationship communicating over email, chat and many many phone calls.  We spent the first year of our relationship jet setting across the world in our spare time or during weekends to see each other.



When Cornel proposed we knew that our lifestyle had to change, and so we decided to finally be in the same country.  I moved to France shortly after, and then we had our fairy tale wedding in Romania.


I would have never known that five years after the day I met him, that we would be where we are today. We have an amazing boy with another one on the way.  I never could have imagined loving him more than I did the day I married him, more than the day our son was born, but as each day goes by I find myself more and more amazed with this wonderful man.

We might not jet-set across the world anymore but our life now is filled with so much more adventure than we could have ever imagined.


Linking up with Project Marriage this month!  Go and check out other love stories....
Pin It

19 comments:

vinobaby said...

I'd say your life is still pretty adventurous! Lovey story. Love how you have all the pics together--what fabulous memories!

loulou said...

Barbara
that is a really warm and loving post - you are wonderful to welcome us in to your heart so freely and so often.

thank you

x
Loulou

Kiddothings said...

You sure have met and married your soul mate. I can always feel the immense love you and your hubby have for each other through what you write here. I'm so happy for you! :)

Project Marriage said...

Oh what a sweet post, love your photos! Thanks for sharing with us!

Twistedmummy Chronicles said...

Such a nice post, very sweet. I like your pictures from all over the world.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I loved the photos of you both! What great adventures you've had and it's so wonderful you have your husband and now son to share them with!

Nieves said...

How nice to read about your relationship story and it is not easy to keep a relationship in the distance, myself kept one with someone in the same country but 500 km. distance and after two years and a half we split up. Though surely I think if love is really true and real every obstacle should be solved out in the end,like happened to you! Thanks for the post and have a lovely evening,

Jessica said...

What a wonderfully sweet story!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

It must have been hard to be so far apart. I date my husband long distance. He was in South Carolina and I was in Virginia.

Mark Himes said...

Could it be your Anniversary today? I don't think you mentioned it but this would certainly count as an Anniversary post.
You are a beautiful family and it shows.
m.

Shell said...

What an exciting beginning!

Elena said...

What an awesome story you two have! Back then and now. :)

Sonya said...

Wow! You've had a lot to fun travels together!

Helene said...

Wow, you both sure have traveled the world!! I love all the pics you have of the two of you in all the places you've visited!!!

Melissa said...

What great stories you will have to tell! I wish we traveled more before having kids!

K said...

What an amazing beginning, and to travel such distances and so frequently really shows the deep connection you two had from the beginning. I love it :) What a beautiful post about your marriage!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

You definitely don't have the typical story :) Romania - sounds so romantic. And it doesn't get more romantic than France {sigh}. Your son is a bundle of cuteness!

Jessica said...

I am amazed by all the places you have traveled together. I feel like every time I read one of your posts I'm traveling with you to some new exciting place.

Cassi said...

I love the travel collage! What a beautiful relationship and experiences you've had. Lucky duck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...