Pig Pickin'

Last year we went to our very first Southern Pig Pickin', which is quite ironic considering we were in France, and this past Sunday we were invited to attend our second annual Pig Pickin'.

As soon as the invitation came, I didn't even hesitate and replied yes immediately!  Besides the fact that I would be eating delicious southern style barbecue, complete with homemade sauces - it was an entire day where I would get to speak English! 

The weather was cloudy but the food was delicious.  It was so great to see Nathan running and playing since last year he was confined to the stroller.  


And he also got to try the food for the first time.  Although he much preferred to have the hotdogs and pasta salad than the barbecue.
waiting to be kissed again

He was also reunited with Emerson and Meade, two adorable twins that were with him at daycare but have since left for school.  It didn't hurt that they showered him with kisses, which he didn't refuse.

All in all it was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  It made me so nostalgic and even a little homesick for South Carolina.  It was so amazing to have a little piece of home even in France!


Pin It

10 comments:

Kiddothings said...

This is my first time hearing of pig pickin! That's a great traditional get-together. By the way there was a picture in your 1st pig pickin post that showed someone injecting something into the slab of pig. Just curious what was that?

loulou said...

Hi Barbara

that little scrumpet of yours is so delicious I could like him up like a puppy does.

He's so cute.

Hope you are well with baby :)

x

Loulou

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This sounds great! We do love BBQ here in South Carolina. JDaniel inhales it. How wonderful to run into old friends.

Missy said...

I love that they call it "pig pickin'!" And my kids don't like BBQ either. Someday, right???

Adrienne said...

Love it! I used to love those little snippets of home ~ just a breath of fresh air and relaxation. Sounds like a lot of fun!

shell said...

Oh, what fun!

Mark Himes said...

How can you not kiss his face off!
Did you get to dress like a Southern Belle and say y'all alot?
I'm glad that you had a good time. The U.S.A. misses you right back.
m.

Cori said...

Sounds like a fun day! Beautiful photos! They are all so crisp!!

Kim said...

I'd never heard of a pig pickin either. I'll tell you what, that would have my husband very excited. I never thought about it before but it makes sense - your comment about getting to speak english!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

A Pig Pickin sounds extra delicious to me! And I'm loving the pictures of your handsome little guy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...