Verona

I'm sure anyone who has read (and loved) Rome and Juliet has wanted to visit Verona.  Well, I am no exception.  Every time we drive to Italy I ask (beg) Cornel if we can take a small detour to Verona, but sadly we are never anywhere near.

On this last vacation we decided to make a special trip to Verona just for me (my husband truly does love me)!

While there we did have to visit both Romeo and Juliet although Romeo wasn't taking any visitors.  And it is said that for good luck you must touch the right breast of the bronze Juliet statue, which Nathan was more than happy to oblige!


I also got to have my husband whisper sweet nothings into my ear from the infamous balcony.  If this isn't every girls' dream come true - I don't know what is!

We also did some other touristic things while in the city such as the Ponte Scaligero and the Castelvecchio.  We headed down and saw the Duomo (because it is not an Italian city without a Duomo) and the Arena di Verona.  We saw the Piazza Bra and the Torre Lamberti, and we had the BEST gelatto I have ever eaten in Italy at the Gelateria Savoia!  There was a line out the door and it was easy to see why!


While we got in a lot of sightseeing and I got to fulfill many childhood dreams, we took a big break in our schedule to let Nathan do something he would enjoy.  At the end of the bridge there was huge playground for kids that included not only the playground but a room filled with books and crayons for the kids to entertain themselves.  The best part is that all of this was free!  We took advantage and let Nathan run around and be a kid, because after-all it was his vacation too!  He had a great time and made some "friends" even though no one there could speak the same language.

We also took Nathan to the Disney Store (his favorite) and let him run around and enjoy all of the Mickey's and we even picked up a souvenir for him - a new Pooh bear. Since he loves the "choo choo" we took the touristic train around Verona. 

I think Nathan enjoyed all of the special "toddler" touches and had a great time!  We didn't get to see all of the things we could have because of these detours, but it was more about enjoying the time as a family and not cramming everything into 2 days.


We enjoyed 2 amazing days in Verona before hitting the road again for Austria!

Do you do anything special on vacation to make sure the kids have a good time?
Pin It

10 comments:

Mark said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfUd03qOxE
A Thank You and a Gift from your New Friend, m.

theanecdotalbaby said...

Oh, Italy is one of my dream travel locations! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Jessica said...

This would be so much fun. i would love to stand on that balcony and I know my husband would love to get some good luck.

Jen said...

I love Romeo and Juliet, that's so awesome you got to visit Verona!! Great pictures and that's an awesome elephant slide :)

loulou said...

Hi Barbara

They are wonderful moments and memories - how beautiful that balcony.
Now that is on my bucket list of to-do's

have a lovely day

x
Loulou

Tina @ Life Without Pink said...

Oh I am so jealous :)

Liz said...

I LOVE that you got to stand, even if briefly, on the Juliet balcony! How cool!

Kiddothings said...

That's so interesting about the Juliet statue - no wonder her right breast has become so smooth!
What a romantic city. I like the balcony.
Where there's water and playgrounds, my kids will definitely have a good time - no matter where in the world we are.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I had no idea Romeo & Juliet were based there. That area is an absolutely must for us to visit one day - thank you for sharing:)

Katherines Corner said...

I love that you are on the Juliet's balcony!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful memory making. Big Hugs! Happy Travels and be safe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...