Drumroll please...

We're having a baby!  Okay, seriously - if you want to know just scroll down to the bottom.  If not let me bore you with my wonderful story about ultrasounds in France.

Ultrasound appointments (echographies) are the most nerve wracking thing in the world, especially in France.  It's already bad that I have to lay on the table half naked (no cute little cover up for this girl) but then I always have the worry about "what if something is wrong"?  I think every mother (or mother-to-be) feels that way?  Right?

Luckily every appointment is with my doctor, so I don't have to worry about some stranger rubbing goo on me while clicking away pictures of my stomach.  And never mind that it takes him at least five minutes of taking pictures before he finally says "normal" and honesty that everything looks so jumbled that I really have no idea what I'm looking at.  I find myself trying to figure out where his/her legs are and how they are positioned and trying to get a look at their goodies - but the camera never sits still and I can never really tell where the legs are.

And so for the moment, baby P #2 is doing well and all measurements are on target, phew!  What a relief.  Which means I don't have to stress until the next ultrasound.  Now the only problem becomes trying to decide on a name because we can't seem to agree....because


 Nathan is going to have a little brother to torment and torture! Someone to share secrets with and cause trouble.  There is no longer a doubt that I am definitely a boy mom and I couldn't be happier!



Pin It

23 comments:

loulou said...

Hi Barbara

well - a massive congratulations - I am so happy all is in place and ok xx

I really thought it was a girl from the photos - thought the shape was different - must just be 2nd baby shape.

take care and check back with you soon

x
Loulou
(Australia)

Liene said...

Wonderful! Congrats to you and your family. Now only 20 more weeks 'till you get to meet him!

vinobaby said...

Aww...congrats! Boys rock.

Cheers to you and your family.

Adrienne said...

Congrats! So exciting to know and start dreaming, naming and plannning! My daughter is marrying Tyler Cameron - and I love both of those names! And, yes, modesty at drs appts. in france is a {ahem} foreign concept. I was getting a scan once - 100% naked on a table....and someone walked into the exam room to empty the trash....egads!

Kiddothings said...

Hooray! Congrats! Wow, another boy!
Shoot, I got it wrong.
Glad to hear all is well. It's always a relief to know that everything is well with the baby. SO happy for you! :)

va_grown said...

How exciting! Boys, boys, boys! :)

K said...

YAY! Congratulations :) How exciting! I am thrilled for your son that he will have a brother. I have only sister and I have only daughters and I think there is something so special in that sibling relationship between the same genders. I'm so happy for you!

Elle The Heiress said...

I knew it! =)

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

YAY!!! Congrats! And good job getting through the ultrasound - that sounds crazy stressful!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited to find out it's a boy!!!

And I was wrong on my guess but that's okay, it was based on the kids I have and not anything else.

Jen said...

Aw, congrats!!! They will be the best of buds! Thanks for sharing that exciting news with us :)

theanecdotalbaby said...

Congratulations! Glad all is going well and baby is perfect!

TwistedMummy said...

Welcome to the Boy Mom Club. And yes they do torment each other LOL. Congratulations. That's very exciting :D

Shell said...

Yay! Boy mamas rock. :)

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

Awesome!!!! But Uggg. I'm never right on picking babies. However, I absolutely love being a mom to two boys. They love their mamas. So very happy for you!!!

Sonya said...

Congrats! I was really thinking girl, but you're going to have another sweet little boy!

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Congratulations, you are definitely a boy mom!!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Contests! I bet Nathan is thrilled!

By Word of Mouth Musings said...

Congrats to y'all xxx

Quiana said...

Congratulations!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I LOVE to hear birthing (and pregnancy) stories in different countries. I am always fascinated how things are done differently. Hope your pregnancy has been easy so far :) XOL

Michelle said...

Yay! How fun! I know that while it'd be fun to have a girl (just like it'd be fun for us to have a girl), it'll be super fun for you to have two boys. Yippee!

kristance ann said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! congrats! so happy for you guys. boys are so wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...