21 Weeks

Here we are one week closer to meeting our son.  I think the news is finally starting to sink in on my husband and he is quickly adapting to the idea of being a boy dad!  As for the pregnancy everything is still going well and there is really nothing new to report.  According to our ultrasound the baby now weights 400 grams (almost a pound) which might be why I had to bust out the maternity pants this week.  They are still enormous on me and I have to constantly be pulling them up, but at least I get a little bit more breathing room.

I don't really have a lot of maternity clothes since by the time I needed them with Nathan I was already 24 weeks, and I could not justify the price of new clothes that would only be worn for 3 months.  Now, I find myself in the same boat, with just a little bit under four months left I don't want to go on a crazy spending spree for clothes that will only get worn until the end of the year.  In complete desperation of something "in between", I decided to brush the dust of my sewing machine and attempt to make something.

I'll wait for the hysterical laughter to subside.  Done?  Okay.  So I made myself an elastic waist skirt from material that I thought was cute.  What do you think?  My wonderful husband said it looked like a mushroom (or maybe he meant that I looked like a mushroom)!

Shirt: H&M, Skirt: made by me, Shoes: Nine West

The first time the maternity pants make an appearance:  Top:  Promod, Jacket:  JCrew, Jeans: Motherhood Maternity (2009), Shoes:  Nine West, Necklace:  Local Boutique

The bump is definitely coming in, but I'm still getting the "you're putting on a lot of weight" look from co-workers who don't know. 

pleated poppy

Pin It

17 comments:

Liz said...

The skirt is adorable! If you've made it this far without needing maternity clothes, I don't blame you for trying to find ways to adapt to make it through to the end!

Thanks for linking up!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I think you look great! I didn't need maternity clothes until I was about 6 months along. I got some great deals at a consignment store and Sears.

Libertad said...

Great job on the skirt! You look adorable!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

What? That skirt is ADORABLE! Seriously, I love it. And I'm quite impressed you made it.

Mark Himes said...

You look great! m.

Jessica said...

I hated wearing maternity clothes but with my second child I had no choice. You look great in both outfits.

Susan said...

Stop it you look so fabulous!
I am not kidding when I tell you I looked like that at 7 weeks.

Morgan said...

You are so cute! I think the skirt is totally adorable!

Kim @ Mamas Monologues said...

I love that skirt! And I'm super jealous of how tiny you are!

Bees With Honey said...

You look great and not at all that pregnant. I showed so fast by my 2nd kid. People thought I was 6 months at 3. Nice huh?

Congrats:)

Elena said...

You made that skirt? It's adorable! You are seriously such a cute preggo!

Sonya said...

I think you did a great job! It's better than I could do because I don't sew! I have to take that stuff to my mom!

Kiddothings said...

Okay, I'm sorry, I did laugh a little but you look so cute in that skirt!!!
Good effort sewing your own skirt. I love the print!
You look great!

Kim said...

Yay for all boys!!!! You look wonderful. I needed maternity clothes almost immediately with both kids. What do you need a dress - I have 10, skirts - at least that many. I have an entire wardrobe of maternity clothes. I really liked them too. I guess i should think about selling them.

Mindie Hilton said...

Congratulations on the one on the way. You look beautiful. I adore that skirt.
This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

Jen said...

Wow! Great job on the skirt! And maybe you should wear a sign at work that says "I'm not putting on weight, I'm pregnant" ;)

Lisa said...

Holy crap you look great. I was a whale at 21 weeks with my second. Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...