Seven Links ~ Flashback

I was graciously nominated by Jessica at Suitcases and Sippycups to participate in the amazing Tripbase's 7Links Blog Project!  This project is designed to go back and relive my long lost posts in 7 categories.  which should be fun considering I just recently celebrated 3 year blogiversary!  It has been fun to go back and not only revisit old trips but also old memories.

So without further ado...let the fun begin.



My most beautiful post




One of my most beautiful posts, at least in my opinion was where I wrote about the significance of home.  From moving across the ocean and starting our life in France to giving up all of the comforts of home.


My most popular post


This one is much more recent, but definitely the announcement of our second baby that is now on the way.  A trip down memory lane about when Nathan was born and the promise of what new adventures lie ahead with for our special delivery that will arrive in December 2011.

My most controversial post


This one was hard since I don't tend to write anything that is really controversial.  I do however, speak my mind, maybe more often than I should.  The first time that the creche {daycare} gave Nathan medicine without him being sick sent me over the top about when it is okay to medicate children; or my child specifically.  Luckily, the writing was rather comical so that I can look back at the situation and laugh!

My most helpful post

I don't tend to write a lot of helpful posts with tips or practical advice.  Even though I spend most of my life traveling with an infant across the globe I find that there is no substitute for experience.  While I can tell you that you need to take snacks and diapers, you don't really know how that will apply to you until you are crammed in a tiny bathroom trying to change a diaper with one hand.

With that said, I think one of my most helpful posts, in a comical sense, will definitely be what to expect after you have a baby in France.  I'm sure most expats do not realize the amount of "work" that French women go through to get their bodies back in "shape" after childbirth.  I wish someone would have told me what to expect!

A post whose success was surprising


When I wrote about my mother and some of her crazy antics including missing college orientations to go sightseeing and sticking random food in her purse I never expected to get the responses that I received.  The irony of it all being that while she embarrassed me all throughout my childhood I now see the wisdom in her craziness.  Funny how that happens when we become parents ourselves.

A post without the attention it deserved


The story about my first day in France, complete with plane delays; missing luggage and asking for food without condoms {slight translation problem}.  This was only the second post of my blog, so not too many people other than my family had the chance to read the adventure that it was to arrive in a foreign country to live!


The post I am the most proud of


Since I blogged rather sporadically in the beginning, when I finally reached my 100th post it was a true milestone.  I considered it a true reflection of the turns and changes that had occurred throughout the years.  Now at over 300 posts I still look back at #100 and love the feeling that I had when I hit publish on that day.

And now it's my turn to nominate bloggers to share their wonderful 7 posts.



Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica said...

A great history of blog posts. The 100th one is very special.

tracy@sellabitmum said...

I loved THIS post. Fun to go back and read some older posts of yours!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I am off to read about France.

Hungrigyrl said...

It was fun to read this, since I just started following you within the last few months there were some of those posts I had missed. Will be going back to check them out! Congrats on 100 posts!

My Inner Chick said...

--I can see why your "Mom Post" was popular. We all love posts about our craaaazy mamas & the weird stuff they do... :)

Jessica said...

Great list! I enjoyed reading all of it and I have learned so much. Babies in France are drugged;food in France is condom free. Got it! :)

Thanks for sharing your great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...