Pesto Baby

We just got back from 4 glorious day on the Italian Northern coast.  The weather was beautiful, the sights were amazing and our vacation ended way too quickly.

I still have hundreds of pictures to sort through and a more detailed post to write about our trip.  First, I wanted to quickly write about the food!

Nathan has always loved pasta so we knew he would enjoy Italy, we just didn't know how much!  The first night, he enjoyed a delicious plate of penne with prosciutto; a boy after my own heart.  While his daddy and I ate a delicious dinner of bruschetta and pizzas!



The restaurant we went to the second night didn't have any white sauced pizza, so we took a risk and ended up ordering a plate of "Pesto Baby" - penne with fresh pesto sauce.  I was nervous, I mean basil and olive oil don't necessarily scream "baby"!  I thought we were setting ourselves up for disaster - but he ended up LOVING IT!



He loved it so much that we ended up ordering it again for him the second night, with equal success!

I guess it's true what they say.  The best pesto in Italy is in Genova!  We made a short trip to Monte Carlo on our last day, and sadly there was no pesto for Nathan, so he decided to eat only bread.  At least it was whole wheat bread!


Overall, I think Nathan {and us} came back from Italy a little heavier than when we left!  Now I think I'm going to have to make some homemade pesto for Nathan!
Pin It

10 comments:

blueviolet said...

How wonderful that he took to that pasta like that! What a good little guy, and so darn cute!

Helene said...

I'm sooooo envious!!! Italy is definitely on my bucket list!!!

My kids all love pesto, too. Isn't it funny the things we think they won't like and then they end up loving them???? Yet, the things we think they should like, they can't stand? Kids are wierd.

mom2kiddos said...

My 21 month old girl loves basil pesto pasta. I was afraid she wouldn't take it when I made it for her but she just loves it. Not my 4yo son though. Your boy's just adorable!

Adrienne said...

never ceased to amaze (surprise) me what my kids would like (and, therefore, eat)! i was always happy that they bost liked bread and pasta, cause those two things alone got me through some rough patches when travelling! glad you had such a good time ~

Jessica said...

He is so cute. My kids love pasta too. What a fun trip and can't wait to see more pictures from the trip.

Jen said...

He is just the cutest!! That fork looks so big in his little hand!

Liz said...

What a good traveler AND eater! Now I want to go back to Italy!

tracy@sellabitmum said...

Oh that looks super yummy!

Jessica said...

Wow! New to your blog and so impressed with all the things you have seen and done, especially your language skills. Can't wait to learn more about you!

Kim said...

I am impressed. Deaglan will only eat pasta if it is cold and without sauce. At least he likes whole wheat pasta. Sigh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...