I'm a boy mom

Last month I found myself uttering that phrase to my husband as if I had just joined some sort of support group.

I never pictured my day as a boy mom to be filled with so many bodily function noises and the laughter that follows.  I never pictured myself uttering the phrases,

"If you are going to jump off something, jump off the couch it's safer..."

"Don't you dare put that finger in your mouth..."

And I also could never have imagined the death defying tricks that could be done with regular household furniture.

I also never pictured my home in a constant state of chaos as if it just got hit by a tornado, filled with toy trucks and soccer balls.

I never imagined that jumping through a fountain and climbing on dirt piles or rummaging through the mud could be so much fun.

I'm a boy mom.  Which is why when I saw this going around I knew I had to join, the Mother of Boys Society!


Mothers of Boys

I'm Barbara and I have one son Nathan (21 months).  We are currently living in France which makes the entire motherhood adventure that much more exciting!

I'm finding out that regardless of the country we live in, the hugs are just as big, the kisses just as sloppy and the bond between a mother and her son just as strong.

I can't wait to meet more mom's of boys!  Welcome to my blog!

Pin It

21 comments:

Janie said...

My toddler girl is already a handful...I can only imagine how it's like to be boy mom. Much more a toddler boy mom!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh I know! My 4 yr old is all about the bathroom talk right now - sigh. Too bad he doesn't want to learn about manners instead ;-)

Jade =) said...

Oh goodness, at 21-months and already feeling that way, you are IN FOR IT, lady! Lol. Not to scare you, I'm sure you already know. I have a 5 yr old and a 1.5 yr old... and man, I know I'm IN FOR MORE to come. But God bless 'em, they're just too much fun not to love. =)

Elena said...

I've never heard of M.O.B. society. So fun! I am a boy mom, too. Gotta love them!

Kim said...

Oh lord, this is my life too. In this heat we are forced to stay inside and that means jumping off of the couch, building forts out of my clean blankets. Sigh.

Liberty said...

I love this entry! I relate to it so much! LOL

Come see us at www.youngmightymenofgod.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! LOVE your post - so true, isn't it? Boys bring a whole new world! :) Blessings!

Jessica said...

Welcome to the club! Boys are awesome! Loud, noisy, dirty...I love it all!

Liz said...

I was just reading about the MOB on Julia's blog!

Your little boy is so dapper!

deborah-bryan.com said...

Ooooh, this is intriguing indeed! I, too, am the mother of a boy. I'm not sure if I'll be the mother of boys in the future, or the mother of a boy and a girl, but right now I'm relishing the crazy, non-stop commotion of being the mom of a 22-month-old boy. I'm going to have to check out this society. :)

Also? As I type this, I remember one of my coworkers telling me (since I didn't know if I'd be having a boy or a girl, "I hope you have a boy. You're so--um, not girly--I think that would be a great start for you!"

I don't feel "not girly." What the heck could she be talking about?! *chuckle*

Erin said...

Boys are so much fun, aren't they?! They definitely get you saying things you never imagined saying! Enjoy your sweet blessing! :-)

abinormal said...

I have a girl, but that pretty much sounds like my day...

Miranda said...

Love this ;) Being a boy mom means never a dull moment!!

Katherines Corner said...

I'm a grandmother to two sweet little boys ages 4 years and 20 months. Also three lovely little girls ages 12 yrs. 8 yrs and 9 yrs.

Make happy memories, Hugs!

Jessica said...

Thanks for hopping by my place.

And I believe what you're describing is "The Rumpus". :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

My son has taught me to love dirt, worms, and Legos. It is never dull being the mom of a boy.

Sarah said...

I just found out about this "Mom of Boys" thing! I'm so excited! We boy moms need to stick together!

Jessica said...

I'm the mom of 2 girls but I experience many of these same things. My youngest is very adventurous.

mom2kiddos said...

You sure are a boy mom! It's so much fun being a boy mom isn't it? I'm a boy and a girl mom but sometimes I feel my girl seems more like a boy. Haha!

Meaghan said...

I'm visiting from the MOB Society. It is nice to meet you. You boys sounds very adventurous like my two boys (they are 1 and 3). Your boys is blessed to have the opportunity to live in another country even if he is still young. I lived in 5 countries growing up and had some many interesting experiences.

Connie, the daisyhead said...

I'm late getting here, but wanted to say thanks for visiting my neck of the woods! I miss all the energy and fun that you're describing. Aren't toddlers fun?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...