Hair Today...gone tomorrow

Before I got married, I used to have really long hair and I loved it!


And then the day after my wedding, I decided to chop it all off!  New life, new hair!


While I loved my new haircut, I had cutter's remorse.  I missed having my long hair and the versatility it allowed me.  And so I spent the next 3 years growing out my hair.

It was amazing while I was pregnant and taking prenatal vitamins.  My hair was growing fast and healthy.  Then my son was born and it felt as if I was going bald.  My hair would come out in fist-fulls and it would take over our house.  So, again I decided to chop it all off.

I made an appointment at 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon for 4 o'clock.  That would give me no time to back out!

before

I was very nervous since other than trims, I had never had my hair cut in France.  The language barrier was going to be tough, but I figured hand signals would always work.  When I walked in she said what do you want to do, and all I said was short.  Very short!  She looked at me puzzled and said are you sure?  Reassuring coming from your hairstylist.

after

She started cutting and did a great job!  She even thanked me since she said she rarely gets to do something so drastic.  I'm still getting used to it.

Will I regret it in a week or so, probably.  Will I spend the next 3 years trying to grow it back out.  More than likely.  But for one brief weekend it was liberating to go and get it all chopped off!
Pin It

12 comments:

Helene said...

Wow!!!! I love it!! It's such a flattering style on you! And I bet it feels great to not have hair on your neck during the hot summer! Wish I had the guts to cut my hair short!

Michelle said...

I think it's cute! I like my hair better short (I've cut it pretty short three times now and given 10-14 inches to locks of love) but it's such a PAIN! I can't handle the maintenance on it, so for now, while I have little ones, long it is. It'll be nice for you to have it off your shoulders for the upcoming hot months!

Greta said...

Really cute! I have a 14 week old, and my hair's falling out, too. I just got bangs cut so I could change it up without cutting it all off again. We'll see how long it lasts!

Wendy Kelly said...

Love the haircut! You are so brave doing a hair cut with a language barrier : ) Those are character building moments ; ) for sure.

For some reason, I always had short hair until the kids --- and now I have had it long for so long I think it would be a huge shock to cut it all off...but your hair cut is so cute...

mom2kiddos said...

I love your new haircut. You look just great - very sassy!

Adrienne said...

Love it!! Great style, and perfect for the summer. We had such a sweet hair dresser in France ~ it was a couple, complete with two little french poodles. I had a hard time when I got back finding someone, cause I had been going to them for so long! I'll say it again tho, love it!

blueviolet said...

I really like it! It is so flattering on you!

Jen said...

I love it!!! You look great in both short and long hair.

The Sweetest said...

Ha! I cut my hair off a couple of weeks ago and am already planning the grow-out.

tracy@sellabitmum said...

Oh I love it!

Katharine said...

Looks great!

Karen Greenberg said...

I do the same thing, though lately I've only gone about a year or so in between cutting my hair short. Every time I tell my husband not to let me do that again. Every time he says, "It's your hair. Do what you want." I'm in the growing out phase now. I can't WAIT to get my hair into a ponytail again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...