You put what in that cake?

As I might have said before I have a love/hate relationship with vegetables.  I love them when I'm at the store and dream up all the ways that I'm going to use them when I cook and they hate me as the decompose in my refrigerator.

Well, I went crazy a couple of weeks ago and bought 1 kilo (2 pounds) of zucchini.  An ambitious purchase since I'm basically the only one in this household that likes zucchini (Nathan likes them, but let's face it, he's not eating a kilo of them).  So, when I needed to figure out what to use them for I knew exactly the recipe!

My friend Casney's Pineapple Zucchini Bread.  This recipe is so good that even my husband eats it and the man HATES zucchini!  The only problem with this recipe is that it makes 2 loaves.  And while I love zucchini bread, there is no way that we can have 2 loaves in this house.  We would devour them in a couple of days, so I decided to take the second loaf to work.


When I got to work, everyone looked in delight as I unwrapped the loaf from the foil.

"Qui a fait ca?" (who made this)
"C'est quoi l'occassion?" (what's the occasion)
"C'est de quoi le gateau?" (What's in the cake)

And you see that last question is where I lost them.  I never realized how strange it was to have zucchini in a sweet cake.  It always seemed kind of normal having zucchini bread. When I told my co-workers however what was in the cake, they were a little in shock and a little in disbelief.

"Courgettes?!" (Zucchini)

Their reaction was unbelievable to me.  They can eat andouillette (which smells and tastes like feces) but the idea of zucchini in a cake is apparently disgusting. 

Some people were more adventurous than others and they really enjoyed it.  Although, some other people were harder to convince.  By the end of the day most of the zucchini bread was gone, but not without a little lesson learned.

Let's BEE Friends
Pin It

11 comments:

Jen said...

That is funny! I totally would've helped you eat the bread ;)

Jessica said...

I love zucchini bread. It is one of my favorites and also probably the only way I can get my kids to eat it. Next time you have extra just mail it to me.

Michelle said...

So you know for the future, you can freeze zucchini bread. Just let it thaw well when you take it out of the freezer. It's actually better after being frozen...it's more moist. Yum...

Janie said...

I have yet to try a zucchini bread myself.

tracy@sellabitmum said...

YUM - I love zucchini bread!

Bees With Honey said...

I love zucchini! I would have eaten it and taken seconds:) What's up with people? LOL

Cookie's Mom said...

I love zucchini baked goods of all kinds. I have a great zucchini-chocolate chip cupcake recipe that's pretty tasty (which may be mostly due to the white chocolate & cream cheese icing on top)!

Cookie's Mom said...

Oh, and P.S. I make two loaves of zucchini cake all the time and freeze the second loaf for another day. I tend to do this with many things - cook once, eat twice!

Dana @ WhatWereWeThinking? said...

I absolutely love zucchini bread. My Nana makes a lemon pie with yellow squash & lemon juice. No one believes that the main ingredient is yellow squash.

Susan Hill said...

Funny! And I am also the only one in our family who likes zucchini. I also eat it raw, chopping it up and adding tomatoes and salad dressing. Yummm...

Emily said...

This look like an awesome twist on regular zucchini bread! I'm adding it to my list of must try recipes. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...