Beach Bums

It's hard to believe that one week ago Cornel and I were just finishing up our beach vacation in Cyprus.  This beach vacation was unlike any other, because it was the first time we took a vacation sans baby!

I won't lie, there might have been some tears shed on the way to the airport, at the airport, on the plane and even at the hotel.  For some reason leaving Nathan behind for three nights was so incredibly hard for me.  It wasn't until morning arrived in Larnaca that I finally started to enjoy the vacation.

This was our incredible view of the Mediterranean from our terrace.


It was so amazing to head down to the beach and lay around taking in the sun.  There were the occasional dips in the Sea and lots of quality time.

We couldn't go all the way to Cyprus and spend no time taking in the sights.  I mean, Cyprus after all is the island of Aphrodite.  On a quick cultural note, Cyprus is half Greek and half Turkish, so walking around and taking in the beautiful Orthodox Churches next to a Mosque is quite the sight!

And of course the food was absolutely delicious!  There was Moussaka (oh, the moussaka), tzatziki, tahini, slouvaki...I think I ate my weight in food!

But of course, it wouldn't be a beach vacation without an evening stroll on the beach under the full moon.


It was an amazing beach vacation that ended too soon.



Mama’s Losin’ It


Submitted as part of Mama Kat's writing workshop.

Let's BEE Friends
Pin It

16 comments:

Lex the mom said...

Wow! That looks like it was an absolutely unforgettable & beautiful experience! The Mediterranean looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ya see that bright white light from the sun in the left side of your photo? See how it meets the blue of the water? That's why Greece's flag is Blue and White - in Greek they call it Galasio ke Lefko - which is bluer than blue and whiter than white ;)

Good job getting back to blogging!

xoxox
Cristina (Dreamsbride)

Suzanne McClendon said...

Wow! That sounds like such an exciting place. One of my favorite movies is My Big Fat Greek Wedding and I would like to visit that part of the world someday. The architecture of that area is so beautiful and I love historic places. Thanks for sharing your trip with us via the linky on Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop prompts. Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

Gorgeous! Holiday in Cyprus? How lovely!

Sara said...

Looks like an amazing time!!

amygrew said...

What a great vacation!

Katharine said...

So jealous! I love Cyprus, its so beautiful!

Bruna said...

I'm so jealous ... of the place, the food and how good you look in a bikini!!!!!

heather said...

That looks awesome. I am jealous of all.

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Beautiful pictures! *Jealous* And I second Bruna - how on earth is it fair that you look so good in a bikini!

Greta said...

I second Bruna's comment. How old is your baby? You look amazing! Gorgeous photos (and I imagine, vacation). I know how hard it is to leave the babies, but isn't it nice to get away sometimes? :)

Hungrigyrl said...

Beautiful vacay photos of the scenery and the food! Sounds like you had an amazing time. Stopping by from Let's Bee Friends hop. http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com

Kim said...

I can only imagine how hard it was leaving Nathan. The only time I've left my oldest was to have my youngest. I need to get out more:) Looks like an amazing vacation! Love all the pictures.

Suitcase said...

Holy cow! That food looks amazing. Yes, I went straight to the food over the beautiful beach... You look amazing by the way!

writerly wanna be said...

This is on my bucket list....and your photos moved it up the list. Stunning!

Marcia Loyd said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! and that food looks mouth watering!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...