When I grow up...

Every time I get an email from the day-care my heart stops and I immediately think "now what?".  The email I received last week, however, made me laugh.

The day-care is hosting a seminar on "how to ensure your child has self-confidence".  While I don't think self-confidence in children is a laughing matter it is in my situation.  You see, at 17 months Nathan might already have some issues, but I can assure you that "self-confidence" is not one of them.

This is the child that applauds himself each time he says his name outloud.  The child that will stop applauding, give you the evil eye until you too begin applauding his accomplishment.  It doesn't just stop at knowing his name.

You put the fork into your mouth..."bravo!"
You put on your scarf..."bravo!"
You stacked your blocks "bravo!"

If you enter our home at any given moment you might feel inclined to take a bow due to the constant applause.

He is also quickly developing his sense of humor.

As Cornel and I repeatedly point to ourselves trying to get him to say "mama" or "dada" he applauds while laughing at us.  I can only imagine if he thinks "bravo you two, you know your names".

So, with his theatrical personality and sense of humor I can only imagine what he will be when he grows up.

While I wish that he would be a doctor or a lawyer so that he may one day take us in and take care of us...I think his future will be in something more non-traditional; somewhere where he is highly praised.

Maybe professional soccer player...


Or a famous model {he did afterall get mommy's good looks}


Or perhaps a writer....
But one thing is for sure, as long as he isn't living with us when he's 30...I will be happy with whatever career he chooses.



Mama’s Losin’ It


Submitted as part of Mama Kat's writing workshop.
Pin It

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Ha! My littles gives me the "Good Job, Mom" in the bathroom ... she's quite a cheerleader!

Visiting from Mama Kat's :)

Misty said...

Cute! He sounds adorable!

Liz said...

He's so handsome and dapper - I vote model!

Andie said...

The possibilities are endless!

Kristina said...

This is so much fun! I definitely don't think he has an issue with confidence, lol! :-) He sounds like a well-loved little boy. I'm so glad I visited you back from Mama Kat's!

I'll be looking for his name in international soccer in a few years :-)

Shell said...

What a cutie!

Patrice said...

Awww! so cute!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh he's so cute I can hardly stand it. Love that he is so proud of himself and that you want him to live with you at 30. I feel the same about my youngest.

Stacey said...

LOL-so now I know what to look forward to!! Jonathan already flushes excitedly when I clap and praise him for rolling over and for eating all of his meal. What a little ham that Nathan is;)I can't believe he is already 17 mos!! WOW!!
Luv & miss u

MamaRobinJ said...

So cute. Love it! When my brother was little his line was "can you hear the people cheering?!" He totally turned out like that too ;) My son is now exactly the same way - my mom things it's hilarious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...