Funny Friday: Sausages

I am a self proclaimed food junkie.  When I was still living in the US I would love to just watch the Food Network for hours on end.

After I moved to France I was so excited to finally get to taste all of the delicious food that I had seen on TV for years!

One evening while out to dinner I saw "Andouillette" on the menu and immediately ordered it.

In utter disbelief, Cornel turned to me.  "You know what you just ordered, don't you?".

"Of course," I replied smugly.  "A type of sausage, Emeril makes it ALL the time".

And then my meal came.  Except the sausage I got looked nothing like the sausage I had seen for years on the food network.


And then something started whirling around my nose.  I could see the smell rising from my plate and into  my nostrils.  It wasn't pleasant.

Surely it wasn't my sausage that was smelling like ass.

Cornel started at me as I cut my sausage to take my first bite.

The horrible smell intensified as the knife cut through the plastic like shell.

Saving my pride, I put the fork in my mouth and started chewing.  I was fighting back the gag reflex.  I couldn't believe it, the sausage actually tasted worse than it smelled.

"Well how is it?" Cornel asked with a smirk.

"Delicious", I replied and took another bite.

I tried to finish my sausage and save face the rest of the meal.  I smothered every piece in Dijon mustard trying to coat the flavor to no avail.

I finished what I could and then pretended I was no longer hungry.  Which wasn't really a lie since I could feel the sausage festering in my stomach.

It wasn't until later that I learned that Andouillette is a sausage made out of the intestines of the pig.  Surely this isn't what Emeril is cooking every week.  

I won't make that mistake again.

Pin It

4 comments:

natalie said...

I've only read one blog post (so far) and the word I'm thinking of is, "aplomb!"

Jessica said...

Oh, yuck. I can't eat anything that smells bad. You are brave!!

Shell said...

I don't know if I could have eaten that!

tracy said...

ACK - disgusting. You are stubborn though, girlfriend. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...