Caught Bread Handed

I've come to find out that an addiction to breads and carbs are hereditary.  What is even worse is that I seem to have passed this "disease" on to my son.

I knew he loved bread and happily eats croissants in the morning, but I didn't realize how deep his addiction went.

Last week while we were unpacking the groceries, we made the mistake of leaving the baguettes unattended.  When I went back towards the front door for the last bag of groceries I encountered this...


That second picture says it all, "help me Mommy, I can't stop!".

I mean, the baguette is bigger than he is!

It was too late, however, he was already spiraling out of control.  

Then this afternoon I walked in on this scene...



Hopefully we will be able to correct this behavior before it gets out of control.  You know, before he starts pawning off his toys to buy wheat flour by the kilo.  

I blame myself.

Are you addicted to any strange foods?

Pin It

10 comments:

Liz said...

His eyes in that top right photo look like they are going to pop out of his head from being so excited!

kristance ann said...

chocolate covered bacon... can't help myself, i love the sweet and salty combo! but i am also totally addicted to bread! those pictures are awesome! i could eat myself into a bread coma! YUM.

Stacey said...

LOL-I am with Nathan on this one-fresh bread I would take over cake or cookies ANY day!! I guess it is a good thing that you 2 and I don't live closer together as we would put the bakeries out of stock daily!!LOL

Meredith said...

hahaha, so cute! i bet my little one would do that too if he ever got his hand on a loaf of bread. ;)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Sylvia C. Hall said...

Oh, too funny! I blame my love for good bread on my German heritage. I am pretty obsessed as well!

And, I just LOVE that big-eyed pic of him eating that baguette. SO cute!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following yours now, can't wait to see more!
xoxo
Sylvia

beingmom2011 said...

I am with your son on the bread addiction. That is too cute! My daughter too so we can't keep too much in the house *lol*

va_grown said...

At least it's good bread! LOL! :)

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

This made me laugh. My son LOVES bread. Anytime I leave it out he always somehow gets it! So funny!

tracy said...

Oh my word - what fabulous pictures. So cute. Oh I wish I could eat bread like that. YUM!

Mothering From Scratch said...

{Kathy} When we came back from our visit to France last year, I literally had dreams about the bread and croissants. I have tried making my own croissants, but alas, nothing will compare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...