Hello Life, Welcome back

For the past three months my life has not been my own.  I have dedicated almost every waking moment to one of three things: work, Nathan and studying.

I'm extremely happy to report that I have taken my CIA exam and passed!  I feel this huge sense of accomplishment.  You see I have a long list of things that I set out to accomplish in life that I just never got around to doing.  

So even though I don't and probably won't work in my related field this certification was basically pointless  from a professional standpoint.  But personally, well, it was a major step forward.

Now the question becomes, what am I going to do with all of my newly found free time?  There are so many things I want to get accomplished: plant some herbs, decorate the house, start re-doing our bathroom, clean, play with Nathan.

I can't wait to reclaim my life and my spare time.  Now if only the weather would cooperate so I can actually get some of things done!

While we were in Lyon yesterday for my exam, we also stopped by and picked up Nathan's European birth certificate!  A {HUGE} item to mark off our to-do list.  As of that moment, the entire world opened up to him.  He is now free to roam through life as a citizen of the world.  Not a bad accomplishment for a 16 month old!


Do you have any things on your "list" that you hope to accomplish this year?


Pin It

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Starting a blog was on my list so I can cross off that! :) We've also wanted to take our kids back to Switzerland, Italy, and Paris to visit. We are doing that @ the end of June/beginning of July. I think I mentioned we lived outside Zurich for 4 years when they were little so it's exciting to take them back. :)
I really love hearing about your life in France...thanks for sharing. Oh, and big congratulations on passing your CIA exam. It doesn't matter whether you use it....what matters is that you DID it! Way to go!!
Be blessed~
Kristi

Liz said...

What is a European birth certificate and how is it different than what he has? Is it a big ordeal to get one?

Michelle said...

Yay! Congratulations! How exciting.

Me...hmm. Maybe I'd like to read a couple of books for fun? We still have too much going on this year for too many big goals! =)

Quiana said...

Congrats on passing! DH passed his series 66 recently so I know exactly what you mean by having more free time. I look forward to finally launching my business.

Stacie @ CrazyMomLife said...

Included on my list are...

*post 2-3x/week to my blog
*pay of all debt except house and car
*read an average of 1 book per month

There are other things, but those are a few :)

va_grown said...

Congratulations! Great job! All that work paid off!

Ah, the list. We need to paint our house. The inside. Every room, really, need either new paint or to be finally painted. I keep telling myself we have a year, but I don't think it's long enough! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...