Weekend Love

Could it be that another Valentine's Day is here?  They always seem to sneak up on me.  To be perfectly honest, it isn't a day that Cornel and I celebrate.  He grew up not celebrating it and as for me, well being that I was heavy, I never really had a happy Valentine's Day.

Now that we're married, it seems that forcing ourselves to celebrate Valentine's Day adds a lot of unnecessary stress.  Stress of finding a gift, stress of buying a card.  And all for what, because we feel we "have to" celebrate Valentine's Day.  As cliché as it sounds, I would much rather he do things like this out of the blue when I'm not expecting them.

But in any case, not to let the day go unnoticed we decided to have a nice dinner/lunch on Sunday.  The baby had been sick all weekend  so going to a restaurant was not an option.  I also wasn't going to come home after work today and try and cook a meal.  While I tended to the baby, my sweet husband made a 5 class meal:  scallop stuffed salmon, oven roasted potatoes and cauliflower gratin.  All with some delicious champagne.  LOVE!


Nathan certainly enjoyed it!


The rest of the day continued lazily.  Nathan wasn't at his best, so we cuddled on the couch while he watched movies and I tried to get some studying in.


And today, in honor of Valentine's Day, I had to dress Nathan in the cutest shirt ever.  He is Mommy's Little Heartbreaker. {He was obviously loving it!}




The best part, however, was that Cornel picked up a delicious cake from Maison Vacher.  It had fresh berries, whipped cream, macarons, layers of pistachio cake.  Delicious.  Heaven on a plate.

I guess celebrating Valentine's Day isn't so bad afterall!
Pin It

2 comments:

Quiana said...

Hubby cooking at home is always an impressive Valentine's Day (or any day in my case!). That cake looks DIVINE, btw! Glad you guys had a relaxing Valentine's Day =)

va_grown said...

Wow--major points for him! That looks delicious!

We try to celebrate without a lot of pressure either. I decorate the table and have a few sweets for the kids, but we just had pizza and "family time." No big romance or anything. I try to do the same thing for all the little holidays (St. Patrick's Day, etc.). No stress, just a little out of the ordinary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...