Grey Cloud

I know that I haven't been writing lately.  It seems like a grey cloud has come over Clermont-Ferrand both figuratively and literally.

Last week the weather was amazing.  You would have hardly thought it was February.  This week, the clouds have come in and the weather has turned cold and grey.  It is just a sad reminder that winter is still here.  I am not a winter person and I long for sunshine, spring and sun.  I have come to the sad realization, however, that my son is a winter person.  In his short life he has known almost nothing but cold weather and grey skies.

The weather isn't the only things that has been grey lately.  You see my company is going through this "renovation phase".  They are in the process of tearing down old buildings which don't comply with safety standards and replacing them with new cushy buildings.  Sounds great, right?

Well, except that I was already in one of the new cushy buildings, but in order to make room for all the people that are now without an office, we moved.  We moved to a factory.  An old, very old building in a factory.  How is that for worker safety?

And what a building it is my friends.  The women's bathroom for one has no trash can.  So imagine what happens if it is "that week".  The men's bathroom has a nice window right behind the urinals so we can see the rear-end of all men who dare to pee.  Seriously.  It is comical.

I guess I'm just having one of those weeks where I'm wondering how in the world I ended up here?  Like all things, I'm sure I will adapt and it will all become normal, but for the time being I feel like complaining.

And while life has been a little grey around here lately it can only get better.  My test is in two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!  After which, I hope life can return to normal.  I will feel such a relief when it is all said and done and I can reclaim my weekends!
Pin It

4 comments:

Katy said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but, I'm giggling at the window in the men's room.

I'm sorry you're in a sort of funk Barbara. Virtual hugs from the U.S.!!!

Jessie Szmanda said...

Gah! I shutter when I read about the window behind urinals... eek!

Michelle said...

Yeah, it's been grey and dreary here too. Kinda stinks, huh?

Natalia Simmons said...

Oh my gosh, that is SOOOOO French!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...