Best Holiday EVER

I know that most of you back in the States are celebrating groundhog day today.  Here there is no such thing.  Well, maybe there is but I just don't know about it.

In any case, today in France is Crêpe day!  Can you think of anything better than a holiday completely revolving around a dessert?  Only in France.

It is actually called the Candlemas or La Chandeleur {I have no idea how this is actually pronounced}.

[Cultural tidbit]

Candlemas is a feast to commemorate the purification of the Virgin Mary and the presentation of baby Jesus. [End Cultural tidbit].  Source

But more importantly, today is the "Jour des crêpes" the day of the crêpe!

I actually had no idea that such a holiday existed.  So imagine my sheer delight when I walk into the office today and find a plate piled to the top with crêpes!

There were ones filled with nutella.  Some filled with honey.  And others with just sugar.

I have a great co-worker who has, what I can only imagine, the best wife in the world.  Seriously.  I would marry her.

She is always sending treats our way.  Brownies.  Cake.  Cookies.  And today, crêpes!

They were so delicious.  I had 3 before lunch.  I'm also embarrassed to say that I had one after lunch for dessert!

What will ever become of me when I leave France?  I shudder to think.

So please, in honor of baby Jesus go out and stuff your face with crêpes!  I can't think of a better way to honor him!
Pin It

5 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

This sounds terribly delicious!

Katy said...

Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Crepes were the best thing I ate in Paris.

Yum.

va_grown said...

If I had only known...we are SO adding this to our family calendar for next year! I've been in love with crepes since French II in high school--and they're not exactly easy to find around here (or worth the find usually--people who makes grits should NOT make crepes!)

I do believe if I lived over there I would be big as a house!

Barbara said...

I love crepes too! I just wish I knew how to make them.
@Jaime, I'm surprised I'm not as a big as a house right now.

Quiana said...

How about we replace Valentine's Day with this holiday here in the US???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...