Weekend Wrap-Up



This weekend was supposed to be our relaxing weekend at home.  The weekend where we were going to get so many things done around the house.  The one where we would get to spend oodles of time as a family.  You know, a productive weekend.

Friday night, after a long week (sick baby, work deadlines, etc) I got into the kitchen and baked.  I made some banana bread that I was going to take to my friend Jovita who was 36 weeks pregnant and on bed rest.

While the bread was baking I whipped up and Italian Antipasto dinner.  Bruschetta and mushroom crostini.  Lots of things to nibble on while we drank some wine and watched movies on the couch!  I love being out my food rut!

Saturday morning, even though it was freezing, we headed out to breakfast.  We ate our pastries, had our coffees and enjoyed a great morning (my favorite part of the weekend).

Later in the afternoon I called my friend Jovita to see if we could stop by and visit her.  I had tons of gifts for her and the baby.  I was shocked when she told me she was at the hospital holding baby Sofia in her arms!  She was in a rush!  She was born small but perfect and beautiful!  If arranged marriages where still allowed, I would be picking her for Nathan!  We rushed immediately over to the hospital to visit!  Mom & baby are doing amazing!  I forgot how tiny newborns are!  Nathan seemed ginormous next to her!

After coming home we sat and reminisced about the time Nathan was a newborn.  Small and tiny.  It seems like a lifetime ago.  So, needless to say that not much work got done around the house.

Sunday was lazy, like most Sundays.  I woke up to a delicious breakfast prepared by my dear hubby!  I really hit the jackpot with him!  We stayed in our PJ's and played until well after noon.  And after a delicious lunch we headed to out to have coffee with Iliana & Jose.  I always love seeing them with Nathan.  He has so much love for them and vise-versa.  Nathan's face always lights up when he sees Iliana.  After a long Christmas break it was nice to catch up with them.  Hopefully we won't go so long before seeing them again!

And the rest of the Sunday was as lazy as it started.  So nothing got done that needed to be done.  Although there was lots of family time.  Lots of play time.  Not a single work laptop came out.  All in all, a great weekend!


Pin It

1 comment:

grace @ arms wide open said...

what a CUTIE!! lazy days are the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...