Hello, Friday

Can I tell you how thankful I am that it is finally Friday?  Seriously, what a week.  Although lately I find myself saying that a lot!

It was one of those weeks where worked just seemed to drag on and on!  The French have a knack for turning a one hour meeting into 2 1/2 hours.  I seriously don't know how they do it, but before I know it 1/2 my day is gone and I've accomplished nothing!

Luckily this week, our evenings have been stress-free and full of fun!  I am LOVING the stage that Nathan is at right now.  He is so much fun to play with, he is much more autonomous and we can actually interact. He still has his nights where he is a cranky mess, but don't we all!?

I'm so happy that we have another low key weekend at home.  I'm going to take up all of your suggestions and block off time to study.  The hubs is taking Nathan out on Saturday to do "boys stuff" and hopefully I will be able to buckle down and study.  The countdown to March 15th is in full effect!

But that doesn't mean that I will be a hermit all weekend.  There will still be pain au chocolate Saturday and some grocery shopping thrown in there.  Fun & exciting, I know you are all jealous!

Hopefully we'll also make another trip to visit baby Sofia and drop off some of Nathan's preemie clothes!  Since no one is ever expecting a premature baby, you are never prepared with the right size clothing!  Hopefully after this weekend baby Sofia will be able to wear clothes that actually fit, at least for the next couple of weeks!

On a side note, I was so completely depressed going through Nathan's baby clothes.  I couldn't believe he was ever that small!  Where did this time go?  I was so sad that he will never be that little EVER again!  I have to admit it kind of gave me baby fever, and a sudden urge to start hoarding all of the baby clothes.  Luckily Cornel was there to snap me out of it!  Seriously, what am I going to do when I really have to get rid of this stuff?  I think I'm just destined to become one of these people on A&E.

In any case, I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Pin It

6 comments:

Natalia Simmons said...

I missed your other post, must have been when I didn't have my computer! But when I have to study for things, just go to McDo's and sit and have a coffee and spread your stuff wherever you need and go at it! No kids, no interuptions. If you can't seem to get a babysitter, or hubby can't take Nathan, then you can try to bring him and let him play in the play place. Or bring him and a friend so he won't bug you! Good luck though, that is awesome!

Elle The Heiress said...

I only kept my absolute favorite clothes of Sebastian's, but it was still an entire Rubbermaid bin full. A few weeks ago I sorted through it figuring out what would work for our baby girl and what I could get rid of. I have to admit, it was REALLY hard getting rid of the things that were too boy-ish. I may have stashed a select few pieces to keep just because. =)

Kim said...

Is Sophia the daughter of the woman I met at Nathan's birthday party, from Poland I think???

Barbara said...

@Kim, yes Sophia is the daughter of Jovita, the Polish girl from Nathan's party. She wasn't due until the end of February but she decided to make her appearance early.
@Elle, I'm seriously considering stashing a few choice pieces just because. I don't know if I can seriously part with it all.
@Natalia, thanks for the advice. I'm seriously going to try and take your advice.

va_grown said...

I don't seem like much of a crier to most people, which makes my husband laugh because I shed a few tears over EVERYTHING with our kids. I was almost sobbing I was so sad when we finally took the crib down and put it in the attic and moved my "baby" into a big boy bed. That crib had been a fixture in the house for 5 years--it was hard to admit that stage was over for me.

I think it's great to consider keeping some favorites. You could use the material for scrapbooks, shadowboxes, or even to make a quilt out of. Someone was kind enough to take old tee-shirts from our parents and make my sister and I each a quilt from them and they are TREASURES to us!

aline said...

What an exciting experience!/Hilarious! Delightful! True!/wonderful stuff! thank you!

Preemie Baby Clothes for Tiny Treasures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...