#200

First of all, I can't believe I've made it to 200 posts.  What started out as a tiny little blog to keep my family informed has developed into so much more.

This week has been a very trying week both personally and professionally.  There has been some bad news on the work front while personally Nathan caught the flu.  There is nothing worse than a sick baby if only because you can't figure out how to make them better.  Cornel and I took turns staying home with him while the other one went to work.  Not the ideal situation, but thankfully we are given the opportunity to work from home.

This week there was somber news at the office from a colleague in back in the states.  His 26 year old daughter died of an aneurism while jogging.  26 years old.  What is worse is that this is the second daughter that he has lost to a tragic illness.  I cannot even begin to fathom what it is like to lose two children, or worse yet to lose two children that had so much yet to live.  It is the kind of even that makes you literally stop and think.  Even if you are not a religious person, it is one of those events that makes you stop and pray.  You pray for the family that has lost so much.  You pray for your own family.

We won't even talk about the nightmare that happened in my home state a couple weeks ago.

It is really sad that it takes events like this for me to reflect on all of the things that I should be grateful for.  I'm very quick to lose my temper, I'm always rushing around doing too much, I'm very impatient, and for what?

Does any of that really matter in life?

When I die, what do I want to be remembered for?  My amazing powerpoint presentations?  Probably not.  {although they are wonderful}

So what does this all have to do with being thankful this week?  I know it sounds all a bit depressing, but honestly all of this reflection has made me happy and thankful for :

{1. Life} Just being given the opportunity to get up each morning and be surrounded by people I love.


Thankful for every day I get to hug and kiss my baby while some parents don't have that chance.

Thankful to be married to the most amazing man in the world who is not only selfless and kind he also has a heart bigger than himself and has so much patience and love.  He is a wonderful father.



Thankful for all of my family and friends.

Thankful for this crazy, insane, chaotic, amusing, loving, wonderful life.

McGlothin Family Nest

Pin It

3 comments:

Jessie Szmanda said...

Awww congrats on 200 lovely!! You have such a fabulous story to share!

DP said...

COngrats on getting to 200 posts! I am sorry to hear about your co-worker's loss. It must be devastating. I will pray for him.

You have a beautiful family! I'm following you back. :-)

-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Katie Vyktoriah said...

It is always so difficult when people you know come into tragedy. On the one hand, you feel so bad for them and want to comfort them, and on the other, you start to feel guilty because you are relieved it didnt happen to you!

It is always a good thing, though, to have some perspective on how good life can be. Sometimes it takes other's bad luck to remind us how amazing our own lives are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...