14 months


Well, here we are at 14 months and what an adventure it has been getting here.  We are still having tons of fun and loving every second of it. Well maybe not every second.  I feel like we are in such a better place than from when Nathan was a baby.  We are definitely more in sync {and yes, as soon as I typed this "bye bye bye" popped into my head}.

Nathan is becoming more independent and we can try to interact with him as a {albeit tiny} person.  I definitely feel that after 14 months I have it "more together" as a mom, I mean I travelled internationally with this little guy ALONE!  I don't think I could have done that before.

Everyday Nathan is learning something new and his mind is a little sponge and it is amazing to watch it work.

And now on to some fun stats....

Age - 14 months today

Height - I have no idea, he doesn't stay still long enough to measure him

Weight - Still around 10 Kgs - a little over 22 pounds


Sleeping Habits - It looks like my fears were realized this month with jet lag.  When we were in AZ it took him nearly a week to recover and since arriving it has taken him nearly a week to catch up; that is half of the month that he has spent waking up constantly during the night.  Yesterday, after what felt like would be our breaking point, Nathan went back to sleeping through the night.  Thank you God.  It was so amazing not to have to rock him to sleep for over two ours or have to listen to him cry it out.  I hope he keeps it up.


Eating Habits - Again, going to AZ was hard on his system and he didn't have the yummy gourmet food he was used to at home.  He was on a cheerio/milk diet for a couple of days.  He did enjoy his cream of wheat in the morning with a bit of honey and milk.


I do have to say that I was incredibly disappointed with the baby food selection in the states.  We stopped into Safeway to pick up some baby food for Nathan and all we could find was pasta.  Granted there were like 6 or 7 different kinds, but pasta none the less.


Lucky for all of us that his Uncle Matteo was there to cook him some delicious 5 star meals like yellow squash soup.  I don't know what we would have done without him there.


Teeth - There are no new teeth since last month, although his canines look like they are about to poke through very soon.


Milestones - His vocabulary is rapidly expanding and now he we can add Spanish words to his repertoire.  He learned how to say "hola", "gracias" {he is nothing if not polite}while he was at home with his grandparents.
His English is also improving and he loves to mimic us.  He can now say "okie dokie" and "up". There are many babbles which are hard to understand so we are not sure yet what language he is speaking in.  Although I'm sure there are some French words thrown in there.


He is still not a full time walker, and it is driving me crazy.  After a few steps he rather throw himself on the ground and crawl the rest of the way.  I can't wait for the day he just walks full time.  I really hope it come soon!

This month he also learned to blow kisses and he does it all the time.

It is truly one of the sweetest things ever!  And yes I'm biased!

Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm glad you like it! France...how fun. One day I'll make it over that way!

Grace @ Arms Wide Open said...

oh my! he is adorable!!! Are you raising him tri-lingual? Amazing!

Barbara said...

Thanks! Yes, we are trying to raise him tri-lingual although at the moment, he tends to mix everything up. I'm hoping he straightens it all out soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...