Hello my Biches

Ok...so I totally was going to write about Christmas but we'll have to save it for another day.  Why?  Well I'm glad you asked.

There are certain days when it is clear that even after two years here I still have moments where I feel like I just stepped off the boat (figuratively since I obviously fly).

Yesterday I heard one of my french co-workers say "ma biche" (sounds like bitch but with a cute french accent).  I turned in complete and utter shock!  This is a woman in her late 50's...what or who was she talking about?  When she said I was a term of endearment here in France I'm sure my jaw fell to the floor.

Excusez-moi?


When I explained why I was so shocked she started laughing of course as she googled up what a biche actually was.  Imagine my anticipation as I waited to see exactly what or who would be pictured.

She comes out with this...



Ahh..so not what I had in mind.

All of the French people found this hysterical of course.  I came home so proud of my new word.  I used it all night long referring to people as "biches".  Because they're as sweet as Bambi's mom of course!

And because I am nothing if not mature I continued all day at work.  I walked in bright eyed and bushy-tailed saying "bonjour ma biche" (but in a nice context of course) to all of my co-workers.  Of course I would giggle like a 12 year old girl each and every time the word came out of my mouth, which they found completely hysterical.

So now, I am the office "biche" and everyone comes by and greets me accordingly.  I absolutely love it! I have to admit it is much better than the time I asked for my food without condoms (preservatives)!  I guess I will never stop making a fool out of myself regardless of which country I live in.
Pin It

1 comment:

Sara said...

LMAO...Hilarious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...