Blurry Reminders

I can't believe it's Thursday already.  This week had been a blur. It helps I guess that I have been super busy at work and that I have just over a week before leaving on vacation.  I really feel like I should start packing or at least getting some things put away.  I should - but I definitely don't work that way.  I work better under stress and pressure.  Then when I forget something - because I will definitely forget something, I will curse at myself for not having been better prepared.

I am so happy it's Thursday because I have been neglecting to reflect on all the good things, but rather have been letting the stress of life overcome me.  I feel like I'm constantly rushing.  I rush in the morning to go to work and get the baby to daycare, work my little tail off and then rush home to feed the baby, eat take a shower before I do it all over again the next day.  Such is the life of a working mom I suppose.

So, I need to make more time to stop and think about all of the great things I'm thankful for.

{1.  Homemade chicken noodle soup}.  My DH made it last night & it completely hit the spot, especially since I though I was going to cough up a lung this week.  I'm not really sick, but have a cough that just won't quit.

{2.  Vacation in only 9 days}.  I can't wait to be back home after more than a year. To see my family & friends.  To eat all the food I'm missing.  And the shopping...oh the shopping!

{3.  Snow}.  Crazy thing to be thankful for probably.  Thanks to the snow, I get to bundle up in my comfy PJ's, sit on the couch with a blanket and watch movies.  All without being called lazy - all because it's snowing.  I can ingest hundreds of calories worth of hot chocolate, and it's all okay!

{4.  A job}.  I complain a lot about my job.  Why? Because I like to complain.  Sure - it can be boring sometimes and overwhelming the next.  It isn't my dream job, but I think at this point being a singer/supermodel are out of the question.  I love that I can contribute to our household, the ability to be able to buy things we want and not just what we need.  With the world the way it is, I should be very thankful that I have the opportunity to get up and go to work everyday.

{5.  Singing/Dancing}.  I love that Nathan is now at the age that he dances every time he hears a song.  I love singing and watching him clap his hands and move all over the place.

It has been such a great week.  I know that the next week is just going to fly by, and or this I'm also thankful!

McGlothin Family Nest

Pin It

2 comments:

Jessie Szmanda said...

Ohhh vacation! Can't wait to hear about it!

va_grown said...

Glad you had a good week!

That's such a great, fun age. I'm not sure about the snow, though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...