Snow Day




This is the only phrase that can truly describe today.  We heard on the news that it was supposed to snow all week and they even called for a "Alert Orange" in terms of driving conditions.  I thought it was rather odd since there was not a single snowflake on our way to the office.

Then it happened.  When I looked out my office window at around 9 am, the snow flurries were in full effect.  It looked so beautiful.  Then noon rolled around and it was still snowing, hard.  Then it dawned on me, I have to go outside for lunch.  {FAIL}.  If only I could find a pizza delivery that could get passed security!

I braved the elements and the five minute walk in the elements to the cafeteria.  Wearing boots with heals was a definite FAIL!  Gladly I didn't slip and break my neck!

When I lived in the US, I always wondered why people would choose to live where it snowed.  I mean, why didn't everyone just want to live in the South.  No snow and relatively mild winters.  Well, look at me now.  Living in a place where it snows!  Isn't this a crazy turn of events?  This only confirms the fact that once we go back to the States there will be nowhere else for us to live than the South (be it East or West).

So this afternoon we dug out the car picked up the baby and sat in traffic while people figured out how to drive in the snow.  {Much credit to them, since I obviously don't drive}.

After a hot bath, I finally get to relax in front of the TV with a hot cup of tea (don't ask) while I watch Bridget Jones 2 (there is something about Colin Firth that I just luv), while the snow keeps falling outside.  In a moment of {ir}rational thinking, I brought my work computer home in case we can't get to work tomorrow.  Who am I kidding?

In other very exciting news, today when we dropped Nathan off at daycare he walked me over to a small table where the older kids where drinking their juices.  At first I thought it was the excitement of seeing the other kids - I couldn't believe my eyes when he just bellied up to the table (quite literally).  He just sat in his little chair and waited patiently for his juice.  

Excusez-moi?  When did my son get old enough to sit in normal (all be it tiny) chairs?  From what the ladies at the daycare tell me, he now sits at the table to eat lunch and refuses to sit in the high chair.  Just like the big kid!

My little baby is growing up!


Pin It

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

They grow up too fast :( I bet he is adorable sitting with all the other kids!

Elle The Heiress said...

We got our first snow of the season today, and I am very excited about it! =)

Jessie Szmanda said...

Ahhh how lovely! And what a big boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...