A magical year - the movie

A year ago today I was in the hospital still adjusting to the word "mother".  I was ecstatic and terrified all at the same time.

A year ago today I was still supposed to be pregnant.  I remember thinking that my body had failed me somehow.  I remember looking at my little guy and wondering how in the world I was ever going to be a good "mother".  Sometimes it feels like it was so long ago and other times it feels like it was just yesterday.

What an amazing year it has been.  Overnight my life changed.  We went from being a couple to being a family.  I love my boys.  I couldn't imagine my life being any other way.  It makes me tear up just to think about how many amazing things and opportunities I have been blessed with.

This past year we have gone from cuddling a five pound newborn to seeing a little man "talk" and crawl all over the house.  My neat house became over run by toys.  I can hardly remember what it was like before.

A year ago I became a new person.  I became a mother.  I went from being completely selfish to being a responsible adult.

I stare at my son's eyes and his smiling face and sometimes I am overwhelmed with emotion.

We have had one amazing year.  We have traveled through Europe.  We have experienced so many new things.  And best of all we've done it all as a family! I am looking forward to what the future has in store.

Here is a short movie I put together on Nathan's first year.  I hope you enjoy it.  Let me know what you think.


Pin It

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pics! He's such a little man now :)

Kim said...

Loved the video!!! Great job Barbara. Thanks again for including us in the celebration for his very 1st birthday!

Stacey said...

That was so cute!! I loved it all and tried to keep track of things that happened at certain month markers;)

Sarah said...

What a cute video! He has grown into an adorable little boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...