Let it Snow

This afternoon when I walked into my office I could hardly believe what was going on outside my window...a full on snow storm.  You couldn't even see the buildings in front of me throw the blistering white flakes.  It was seriously like something out of a movie.  Snow never ceases to amaze this Arizona girl.  It was so pretty until I realized I had to go outside. Yuck!  Snow is definitely something to be enjoyed indoors.  From the comfort of your living room with a nice cup of hot spiced wine or a hot chocolate, peut-ĂȘtre.


I would love to say that this is Nathan's first snow fall, but sadly it has been snowing for the most part of his short life.  So this is nothing new.  This is, however, the first time he will get to squish it in between his fingers and stomp around in it!  For that I can't wait!  We are hoping to take him up here to the mountains and let him play around in the snow.  Maybe while his daddy gets in a ski run or two.  You see, I love winter activities, but HATE having to functioning the day to day in winter.

In any case,  our Thanksgiving was low key.  No big dinner and today was a Friday like any other.  It makes me kind of sad to not have been able to celebrate with my family or friends, but Christmas vacation is only {TWO WEEKS} away!  I can't wait to spend three glorious weeks in back in the States!

But it is still two weeks away and I have to focus on the present!  This weekend we are hoping to go back to baby swimmers and head to breakfast like always.  We will take Nathan to see the big tree in Place Jaude (the city center of Clermont) and hopefully just relax for the rest of the weekend.

tree in Centre Jaude 2008

As much as I like to complain about Clermont-Ferrand, it is truly the prettiest during Christmas.  In addition to the tree they set up the big ferris wheel and have a little Christmas market.
Centre Jaude 2008

Hopefully I will get to enjoy some of the festivities before heading back home!

Did I mention it is only two weeks away?
Pin It

3 comments:

Natalia Simmons said...

Isn't that the best part about living here? They go all out for Christmas! I can't wait to experience all that with Tae. And this is his first year with snow! One morning he work up ran to me, 'mommy, mommy, you have to see this, come here!' It was snowing! But I'm like you, from California, we don't see a lot of snow! Thanks for the tip about his teeth, we got some Advil, hopefully it helps!!

va_grown said...

Wow, I wouldn't even know how to get ready for 3 weeks away from home!

We had a low-key Thanksgiving too. Lots of family time and food, but not much company. We enjoyed the time together.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful tree! JDaniel loves any amount of snow we get. I bet your guy does too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...