Happy Birthday Nathan

Yesterday my son turned one year old!  Unbelievable how much time flies!  We had his party and it was a complete succes.  Although by the end of it I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  I was so exhausted and every.single.part of my body hurt!

I was so stressed leading up to the event!  I didn't think I would get it all done on time.  I need to become better at planning things!  I tried to get it all done on Saturday and I was up until past 1 am!  What was I thinking?  It doesn't help that things that would typically make my life easier (such as ready to go cake mix and frosting) is not so readily available here and so I had to make it all from SCRATCH!

{Move over Martha Stewart!}

Menu
Appetizers:  Baked Brie (I mean come on I live in cheeseland)
Mushroom Crostini
Pigs 'n a Blanket
Veggie Platter

Main Dish:  Ham & Cheese sliders with homemade rolls
(Even though I live in a country bombarded by bread I couldn't find rolls, and so my only option was making them by hand!)
Potato Salad

Dessert:  Cupcakes (with homemade butter cream)
& Paula Deen's Banana Puddin' (I LOVE this banana pudding, heart attack and all).

I definitely went overboard on the food - and definitely made too much food.  In retrospect, I shouldn't have tried to make it all from scratch.  That or I should have at least started earlier in the week. 

There were lots of presents!  Lots of great friends and even though it was a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  Nathan refused to nap during/after the event!  I think he was way too excited with all the people and all of the gifts!  Oh the gifts!  He got lots of cars, lots of books and lots of clothes!  I'm exhausted just thinking of the mess sitting in my living room at this very moment!

I have lots of pictures that I need to post.  I also have Nathan's one year video that I need to post and of course his 12 month update.  So many things to do and yet I have no energy to do them.  So today, I leave you with this....the video of Nathan and his smash cake.  It took him a while, but he was loving everysecond by the end!




Pin It

3 comments:

Stacey said...

There was obviously something off to the side he was more interested in than the cake. I loved when he put just his index finger in the middle like Mommy did!!LOL And shame on Cornel-I bet he got frosting up his nose too;) I hope Nathan remembers that part in the tape at Cornel's 60th if I heard that correctly!!LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

What a cute video!! It's funny how cautious he was about the cake...lol. Happy 1st Birthday to Nathan!!

Natalia Simmons said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! I am so getting that high chair. Ikea, 15 euros, right? Glad it went off great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...