Back to Reality

Monday after a four day weekend is hard especially when it's cold and rainy!  Thanks to Veteran's Day (L'armistice here in France) we were able to enjoy four glorious days as a family, and the sun even came out on Saturday to really make the day worthwhile.

What a great weekend!  It was filled with family breakfasts downtown including croissants and pain au chocolates!  This smile charmed the pants off the owner who would come by and pinch his cheeks every time she walked by.  {Who doesn't want to pinch them?}

It was filled with coffee time with friends, where Nathan got to get reacquainted with an old friend!  These two caused a ruckus together.  They were getting into everything and anything and loving every minute of it!  I love to watch Nathan play with other kids especially now that he can interact with his cute little personality.




It was also filled with Christmas music and Christmas movies (The Grinch might have been played once or twice this weekend)!

{Don't hate - we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here so we have to jump right into Christmas!}

I also may have finished designing and printing our Christmas cards!  {Is it too soon to mail?  Hmm??}

It was filled with lots of cleaning and taking down of birthday decorations {boo}!

And most of my time was spent in the kitchen cooking!  And not just any cooking, but cooking for fun!  No stress.  No deadlines.  Just sheer joy!  I made some doozies this weekend:  Boeuf Bourguignon, Chicken Provencale, Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna with homemade Marinara, Banana Pancakes on Sunday morning, Chocolate Almond Banana Bread {I had bananas that were about to go bad}.

Ugh, I gained five pounds just typing it all out!  Heaven.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed cooking for fun.  If only I had the time to doit more often.  There were so many projects that I wanted to get done around the house, but I passed.  There was nothing better than spending time playing and enjoying my family.  I'll get to the projects when I get to them.

And now the weekend is over and it is back to work and reality.  Tomorrow I go back for another round of single mommyhood!  Hopefully for the last time this year!
Pin It

1 comment:

Natalia Simmons said...

That sounds great! Tae had school on Friday, just not Wednesday or Thursday. Sounds like a fun weekend! We went to a faux thanksgiving here at a church we attend. So that was fun, I made pumpkin pie and sweet potatoe casserole. I love cooking for fun too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...