Weekend Wrap-up

It has been a busy weekend in our household.  We finally got to scratch some things of the "to-do" list and what's more we got to spend some quality time as a family.  It helped that the weather was wet, cold and cloudy.  There were no distractions to keep us out all weekend pushing back all of our projects.

Our Saturday started out like any other - after breakfast we finally went shopping and stocked up Nathan's winter wardrobe.  He has an adorable down jacket that he got as a gift from his Tia Belen and Tio David, but he had not much else.  After our C&A shopping excursion he now has not only 1 but 2 pairs of winter shoes, winter gloves, winter hat and a scarf.  I call them "winter" clothing, but the sad thing is that he will be wearing most of it within the next few days.  He has already been wearing the down coat for a week now.  It would depress me so much more if he didn't look so cute in his new digs.


Aside from shopping - we finally put up curtains in our dinning room!  It seems like an eternity that I have been wanting to put up curtains and we finally got around to it!  It really makes the entire room feel so cozy!  I'm in love. I just want to sit and stare at my window for hours. The best thing it is that the total transformation was only 27 euros!

{Please ignore the jumperoo and walker that have taken over this room}


Also in terms of home decorating, we finally got around to framing the "MAMA" pictures that Cornel took of Nathan for Mother's Day.  We found this great frame at Ikea for only 14 euros and it was exactly what we needed to frame all of the pictures.  If next weekend is cold and rainy maybe I can convince Cornel to put them up.


I also took out the sewing machine and hemmed up a curtain that I have behind our front door.  Sounds crazy - I know, but I absolutely love it!  Now I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with all of the extra fabric I have lying around.

I also spent some time in the kitchen this weekend.  There is nothing better to do on a cold rainy autumn day then bake!  Cornel had been asking for pretzels for a few weeks now, so I decided the time had come to make some.  I used my old recipe except this time I added salt to the batter and also to the pretzels before baking.  I don't eat pretzels, so from what Cornel tells me they were an improvement.  Maybe if I feel like making them again I can perfect the recipe a little bit more.

I also made delicious hazelnut biscotti cookies.  I got the recipe from a co-worker and decided to give them a try.  I'm so glad I did, not only are they delicious but they are so easy to make!  I will be sure to share the recipe tomorrow when I have more time to write.

The topping to my weekend was Nathan.  Besides being such a great trooper while Mommy and Daddy worked all over the house - he wanted in on the action and started taking out the tools out of the toolbox (under strict supervision of course)!  He was so tuckered out that he took two naps on Sunday, sleeping for a total of 6 hours!  What's more is that he fell right asleep at bedtime.  We can only wait and see what the rest of the week has in store.
Pin It

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished around the house this weekend. The biscotti look delicious...can't wait to see the recipe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...