11 months...





Really?  Already?  I can't believe that in just 4 short weeks my little boy will be turning one year old!  Is there a way to stop the clock right about now, because I need a couple more months to adjust to the idea.  Now that I have moved on from my own birthday denial I have moved on to Nathan's birthday denial.  I am so not ready to be the mother of a one year old.  Right  now he is still my baby but in just a few weeks he will be a toddler!  


Age - 11 months old today

Height - I have no idea this month.  Even though we've been to the doctor about 3 times in the last 2 weeks, he has yet to be measured.  Although sadly, I think at this point he is about half my size - he is either really tall for his age or I'm exceptionally short!

Weight - He is just a little bit over 9 kg or 20.25 pounds.  Trust me - he feels a lot heaver going up and down four flights of stairs.

Sleeping Habits - Still sleeping through the night. Although we've had a few rough nights due to illness where he wakes up a couple of times a night.  It is nowhere near the newborn stage and it doesn't last for hours so I guess I still don't have much to complain about.

Eating Habits -  We have regressed, again due to illness.  He doesn't like to eat very much lately so we've started the bottles up again.  Hopefully once he gets better we can go back to his normal diet.  Although he has expanded his selection and loves to gnaw on fresh baked bread!  He also loves to eat some tabouli salad and semolina especially when he can eat if off his daddy's plate.  Sadly more of it ends up on the floor than in his mouth but since he is such a picky eater lately - anything he shows interest in we let him eat.  I think he has his mom's unusual love of carbs!  Every Saturday he has started joining in on the tradition and he now has his very own "mini" pain au chocolate which he usually devours - although not by rubbing all over his face and hands!  

Teeth -   He still has only four teeth.  Remember those two teeth that I said were coming last month - yeah well, they are still on the way.  He has had to stay home the past two days due to a teething related fever!  He now has six on the way that have yet to break through the gums and the boy is MISERABLE!  The pediatrician suggested we scratch his gums (making them bleed) to relieve the pressure and help the teeth come in faster.  Seriously, who is he kidding?  I can't get anywhere near his mouth!

Milestones - Well let's see - he has spent almost the entire month sick!  We have been to the pediatrician almost every week this month.  We started out with a cold and laryngitis, then we progressed into an ear infection, and just lately the teething which led to an ear infection due to the extra drainage.  This poor kid has had a rough month.  I'm really hoping he gets better soon.  It kills me to see him like this.

As for his development- he is all over the house.  He crawls everywhere.  He lifts himself up on everything.  He can't walk on his own yet but grabs our hands and walks to wherever he needs to go - which is usually either to his toy car or to his jumperoo.  He starts mimicing everything we do and his favorite thing is to wave "bye bye" to people - even when we are not leaving anywhere.


And since it's also Thursday I have to admit that I am so grateful to have made it to 11 months with a happy well adjusted baby!  It has been a rough month to say the least, but there is nothing I wouldn't do for that little boy and just watching him grow up is an amazing gift!





McGlothin Family Nest

Pin It

2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy 11 months!! He's such a little cutie!! Hope he's feeling better soon.

va_grown said...

Sorry to hear he hasn't been well--hopefully he's well on the mend! They grow so fast, don't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...