Birthday 2010

Remember how on Friday I was telling about how I was in birthday denial?  It wasn't so much birthday denial as it was a birthday strike...I mean the French get to strike for everything, so why can't I?  Well, my sweet dear husband had other ideas.

We were supposed to spend the entire week traveling the entire weekend, but with a sick baby we decided against our trip.   And so I was destined to spend yet another birthday in the glory that is Clermont-Ferrand.

Our weekend started off like any other.  Saturday we headed downtown for pain au chocolate.  The small twist that this time we gave Nathan a "mini" version for him to enjoy all by himself!  I think we've created a chocolate monster!

Cornel later informed me that he had arranged for Iliana to watch Nathan for a couple of hours so we could go out to dinner.  I thought that we would be heading out to La Tente Berber like we had done the past 2 birthdays, but I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to Amphitryon.  It is one of these typical French restaurants where they serve you a bazillion tiny plates of food.  At first you think you'll never get full and by the end you wish there were someone to roll you to your car.

We chose to have the "menu degustation" where the chef prepares whatever his little heart desires - or as I like to think whatever is about to expire in the kitchen - but we took the risk anyway.  The food was absolutely delicious.  This restaurant truly lived up to its reputation.


While at dinner, Cornel surprised me with the first (of many as I later found out) presents!  J'adore by Christian Dior (and I truly do adore) and some LancĂ´me cosmetics!  What more can a girl ask for!  I know it must have been incredibly painful for him to go into Sephora, so I love him so much more for it!

Sunday, my actual birthday was supposed to be low key.  Cornel was again amazing and woke up with the baby and fed him breakfast and let me sleep in a little.  I was the awaked by cake and candles and breakfast in bed with my two men!  I think Nathan ended up eating more of my breakfast than I did, but I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I was a little shocked when the doorbell rang at 10 am.  I was still in bed and there was someone at the door?  When Cornel came back from the door he had 30 beautiful roses in his hands.  29 red and one white!  They took my breath away!  When I walked out into the living room, I was greeted by balloons on the floor and banners on the walls.  My boys were hard at work while I slept away!

I was then given the rest of my presents...Nathan had given me a massage treatment at Royatonic!  Heaven!  Belen and David managed to give me the same gift all the way from Madrid!  I will be spending lots of time at Royatonic and loving every second of it!

Then came the most amazing present of all.  A beautiful blue box that came filled with a heart shaped necklace and pearl!  Something I will cherish for the rest of my life and that will remind me of this amazing milestone in my life.



We would the evening down by eating a piece of my delicious cake and sitting on the couch.  This birthday was so much more than I ever imagined.  I'm so glad that I didn't let it pass me by!

Pin It

2 comments:

Olah Momma! said...

Blessings to you!

Following your lovely blog.

I am also inviting you to add your blog and/or business domain at http://olahmomma.com/mylounge - a directory of blogs and businesses by moms/parents with rate and review tools. What's more? Meet more mom bloggers like you.

I would appreciate a lot for your follow-back:). Have a great day!

Quiana said...

happy belated birthday! it looked lovely. hooray for september birthdays =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...