stay at home mom - Day 2

It's funny how even when you stay at home, Mondays feel like Mondays.  I was so unmotivated to get out of the house and do anything and so Nathan and I had pajama Monday. It was so much fun.  We stayed in our PJ's all morning and just played.  While Nathan took a nap I prepared a delicious lunch for Cornel complete with homemade meatballs, rice and cream of cauliflower and potato soup as a starter.

After Nathan woke up from his nap I tried to feed him his beef with broccoli, but he wasn't having it.  Lately he HATES the spoon and the mush I feed him.  I can't blame him, I mean it's mush.  Although he has eaten it before and loved it, so I'm thinking it's teething related.  He cried and fussed and being the sucker that I am, I gave him a bottle.  I didn't want to do it, since he is supposed to have 3 meals a day, but I caved.  He knows how to bring on the waterworks and it breaks my heart.

After lunch we continued with pajama monday and Nathan helped me put together his baby book.  He is quite the little helper.  When he went down for his afternoon nap, I was determined to give him something to eat other than the mush since he wasn't going to eat it and the cycle from the morning would surely begin again.  I went to an old stand-by favorite, sweet potato.  I put it in the Baby Cook and forget all about it.

When Nathan woke up, I tried feeding him the steamed slices of sweet potato and he LOVED it.  He wouldn't even finish eating a piece before he opened his mouth and shoved in another piece.  It is so sad to think that in just 4 short months we have gone from eating mush to finger foods!  How did this happen?  I got so emotional seeing this baby boy that is quickly not becoming my baby anymore!

I received a call from Cornel that he would be home late and wouldn't be able to stop by the bakery (boulangerie) to pick up bread.  We have become extremely spoiled in France and stop by and pick up some fresh baguettes everyday (it is a mystery how we have not gained 500 pounds with all the carbs we shovel away).  And so, Pajama Monday came to an end.  I got Nathan dressed and we headed the 2 blocks to Maison Vacher (my favorite place is this world).  I didn't have the energy to carry the stroller down four flights of stairs, walk the two blocks and then carry stroller,baby and bread four flights back up and so I decided to carry Nathan in my Sleepy Wrap.

I love the looks I get when I walk around with Nathan.  He loves to look at the people and smile and "talk" to them.  I got stopped twice by very nice older ladies who just wanted to play with him.  As a mother you always think that your child is cute but it is so nice to hear from random strangers.

I wish that I could be a stay at home mom more often.  I got to be there for all of the little things in Nathan's life.  I heard him babble "ba ba ba ba" today, which I had never heard before staying with him. I got to be here the first time he ate finger foods.  I was able to sit with him and practice clapping, ABC's, walking.  I realize that being a stay at home mother is so much than just "staying home", but about shaping and molding and sharing in the upbringing of your children.  It makes me a bit sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I am going to miss Nathan so much but I will be so much more appreciative of the time we spend together!
Pin It

1 comment:

Shellsea said...

This post is so different than your usual posts. The ones I've read talk about not being a stay at home mom. Nice to see a pajama day- everyone deserves one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...