Friendships

This past week has made me think a lot about my "old" relationships and "old" friendships.  I had a great weekend spending time with Laura, who I considered at one point one of my best friends.  Throughout the years, for various reasons I have lost touch with so many people who were once such an important part of my life.  People that have helped to "mold" the person I am today.  As toxic as some relationships were, they help to turn you into the person you are today.

There are so many people that I wish I could apologize to for being dumb and young.  For losing touch.  For keeping grudges.  I hope I have become the type of person who has grown enough to learn from my mistakes.  There are people I have reconnected with and have come to the realization that we no longer have anything in common.  That while great friends in the past, our friendship is just that, something great from the past.  And sadly I realize that there will be people in my present that will someday fall into this category.

There are some other people like Nate, Cansey, Stacey and Leilanie, who even after years of not speaking to each other, it was as if we had never lost touch.  We were able to pick up right were we had left off.



And then there are those friends who you meet and it feels like you've known each other forever.  Those people that you know if you ever need them they will be there for you no matter what, people like Brent.

I am a person that is a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason.  Those people who are truly my friends (and you know who you are) are some of the greatest people in the world.  I am so grateful and thankful to have each and everyone of those people in my life.  Those that have stuck with me through the good, the bad and the ugly you are more than friends - you are family and for you all (y'all - there I said it)...I am so thankful.

Other things that I am so thankful for this week:

1.  A smiling laughing baby with three tiny teeth
2.  Having the opportunity to reconnect with old friends
3.  Small glimpses of hope to keep us going day by day
4.  Waking up to freshly brewed coffee in the morning
5.  A husband who indulges my craziest whims (such as DIY invitations)
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...