Finding a Hobby

Lately Cornel has been working some insane hours (nights and weekends) trying to get a big project done, and so I have been spending a lot of time alone.  This led him to believe that I needed to find a hobby.  Apparently, sitting on the couch watching American television on the internet does not count as a hobby (who knew!?).

You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I borrowed a sewing machine to make Nathan's daycare pillow - and well I got bitten by the sewing bug and I decided to make sewing my new hobby.  Last Saturday we set out in search of a nice (yet economical) machine for me to "learn to sew".  We found this super cute Singer and I fell in LUV... isn't she pretty ?

I have to admit that I based my descion soley on price and the super cute butterfly on the side.  I haven't named her yet, but I'm thinking Sally.  Although I am open to suggestions.  And so then came the dilemma, what to make with my new "toy"?

I had some spare fabric from the pillow and some velcro and so I decided to make a snack bag.  In an effort to be more granola-y and green I decided to make a snack bag so that I would haven't to use ziplock baggies.  I lined the inside with plastic and added his backwards ironed on name tag and voila!


Please ignore the crooked seems...I'm a beginner.

This was a nice way to spend the afternoon while Nathan napped and Cornel worked.  And while we are on the subject of good ways to spend your time.... as always spending Saturday morning breakfast as a family at a cafe downtown.

I love that they make jogging shoes for babies ... completely unpractical but oh so cute!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...