36 Weeks

It is amazing how fast time flies! I am now beginning my ninth and (hopefully) final month of pregnancy. I am seriously filled with so much anticipation to see and meet Nathan for the first time. His room is practically ready and just waiting for him to arrive.

According to the experts, he is still the size of a honeydew. His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid, his liver and kidneys are in working order and his circulation and immune system are basically good to go. His lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day he gets a little closer to breathing on his own.

How far along?
36 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still in maternity pants and still mixing and matching shirts. Since I only have to get dressed up a few times a week or whenever I go into town, I am still pretty much in my comfy lounge clothes.
Stretch marks? I have made it one more week without a stretch mark, only four more to go.
Sleep: We are both still sleeping through the night, although some nights are better than other. Some nights I make about four or five trips to the bathroom, while others I make one.
Food cravings: No food cravings this week, but since being at home on maternity leave I have become quite the housewife and started actually cooking and baking, if you can believe it. This week I made not only a strawberry cheesecake, but also banana bread (okay, so I don't own a loaf pan so it was more like banana cake, but still delicious). Now if only I could figure out how to make cupcakes from scratch... then we'd be talking!
Gender: Most definitely a boy.
Labor Signs: Still nothing. And from my last doctors appointment the baby is still high, whatever that means, so it looks like he might be in there for a while longer.
Belly Button in or out? Belly button is still in, but I can definitely start feeling that it is running out of room in there. Hopefully Nathan will make an appearance before the belly button does.
What I miss: This is going to seem strange, but I miss working! I miss the human interaction of adults and I don't think that staying at home is for me. I might change my mind after the baby is here, but for now a girl can only do so much to occupy her day!
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to our maternity photo session this weekend! These will be the first professional pictures of our little family. I can't wait! I am also looking forward to picking up more baby goodies this weekend that someone is giving to us! It is like Christmas came early!
Weekly Wisdom: I have none this week.

This week has been a very long week, due to the fact that I have nothing to do and I am going stir crazy on maternity leave! What is this all about? Last Saturday, prepped with our hospital list we hit the baby stores and began buying all of the things that were still missing on the list, like diapers, lotions, etc. to make sure that when the time came his little suitcase would be ready to go. It is incredible the amount of things that they ask you take to the hospital and how I am more than sure I will never use some of those items again! And to go along with nursery theme, we bought Nathan a "Sophie La Girafe". An adorable little french giraffe which is meant to be sucked on, bitten and basically anything else that Nathan can think of doing with her. She is so cute and as I just found out, she is very posh and hip in the US, selling for over $25! I could not imagine paying that much for this little rubber chew toy that squeaks, but since here she is only about 7 euros, why not!

Also this week, we had a bit of a scare and thought Nathan was going to make his arrival early. In a panic we made his suitcase and prepped the nursery for the "just in case". Luckily, nothing was seriously wrong, and it motivated us to actually finish the suitcase and the nursery!

I spent all day at the hospital today. It started off with our appointment with the anesthesiologist who explained the process of the epidural and how it would work. He examined me and then sent me down for some blood work to ensure everything is okay for me to get an epidural. He also explained the process in case I have a C-section. Which brings me to the next part of my hospital visit - the scan! Last week when we saw the doctor he noticed something abnormal with my pelvic bones, so he ordered a scan of my pelvis to see if I could even give birth normally. Well today was the all-important scan! I was terrified. I had never had a scan before and didn't know what to expect. The scan part was easy, now the hard part is waiting a little over a week to find out the results!

Other than this, there hasn't been much happening this week. Last Friday we completely forgot to take a picture, so there is no 35/35 day belly pic! I will not make that mistake today, and I will post the 36 week (9 month) belly in my next update!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...