35 Weeks...35 days to go


I decided to post this on my official 35 weeks, since this means that I only have 35 days left of this pregnancy! I seriously cannot believe how fast this has all gone by and very scary to think that next week I will be in my 9th and final month! I feel like there is still so much to do and that I have plenty of time to get it done in...but the reality is, I better get my butt in gear.

As for the baby, he is still the size of a honeydew and from now on his growth is mostly in the plumping up department - he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. His hearing is totally developed and his testes have probably completed their descent.

How far along? 35 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still in maternity pants and still mixing and matching shirts. I haven't been working for at least a week now, so most of my daily wardrobe consists of comfy lounging pants and tops.
Stretch marks? I have made it one more week without a stretch mark
Sleep: We are both still sleeping through the night, although some nights are better than other. Some nights I make about four or five trips to the bathroom, while others I make one.
Food cravings: I don't know if I would consider this a craving or not, but yesterday all I wanted was a chocolate cupcake! I have no idea why...maybe it is the season or maybe I just really needed sugar. I found the most DELICIOUS cupcake I have ever had in my life at Maison Vacher (where else?) and it was a chocolate vanilla cupcake...chocolate frosting filled with vanilla cream, YUM! And an interesting tidbit...a cupcake here is called, charlotte - glad I am not having a daughter and naming her that.
Gender: Most definitely a boy.
Labor Signs: Still nothing. Still worried I won't know what labor feels like when it happens. I had my doctors appointment yesterday and the baby is still high. I have another appointment in two weeks to see if the situation changes.
Belly Button in or out? Belly button is still in! Let's see if we can make it another five weeks!
What I miss: Thanks to the finding of the cupcake...I have not missed anything. This week will be my first attempt at American Style baking, so we'll see if I miss anything or not.
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to a weekend at home, finally! We have been so busy running around with the new house and the nursery it has been hard to find time to just be at home during the weekend and get things done.
Weekly Wisdom: I have none this week.

It has been another week of ups and downs in terms of the baby. This week we had our hospital tour, and it was very informative. This will make us more prepared for when the time comes and we have to go to the hospital. I also love the way the system was set up - the baby sleeping in our room and us taking care of him for a week in (hopefully) a private room.

We also had another doctors appointment this week. The baby is doing good and his heartbeat is at 140 and normal. I have gained another 2 KG's, making my total weight gain so far this pregnancy 8 KG's (18 pounds). This week was also my first internal exam and the doctor noticed that I have a very small pelvis. Small enough to cause a concern and for him to order a pelvic scan to see if I will be able to push a baby out or not. I am still not sure what to think, but I am nervous to find out what the results are going to be. I have my scan next week and another appointment the week after, so I will keep you all posted on how this will all turn out!

And now....here is the picture of me at exactly 34 weeks....



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...