34 weeks


It is crazy to think that this pregnancy is quickly coming to an end. I am getting a little sad to think that I won't get to have this bond with the baby anymore where I can feel him kicking, moving and growing inside of me. As uncomfortable as it is sometimes, I don't want this feeling to end. I don't know if/when I will be able to have more children so I want to savour every moment possible.

According to the experts, the baby is still the size of a honeydew and can recognize and react to simple songs. He can now urinate about one pint per day and this is the big week where the baby's testicles are making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination.

How far along?
33 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? As I am reaching the end of my pregnancy I am very happy that I did not over exaggerate with the maternity clothes. The four pair of pants I bought back in August have helped me make it through to the end and I have mixed in maternity and non-maternity clothes.
Stretch marks? Well with six weeks to go, I still don't have a single stretch mark, at least none that I can see.
Sleep: Both the baby and I sleep through the night and we sleep very well. I think I am very fortunate to have had this amazing pregnancy. Like most people say, I am enjoying all the sleep I can now before the baby comes.
Food cravings: Still no special cravings. Although I have bumped up my calorie intake this month, I am loving fruits and sweets.
Gender: Most definitely a boy.
Labor Signs: Still nothing, and from his last ultrasound he is in position but still very high. I hope that I will be able to tell when labor finally comes.
Belly Button in or out? Belly button is still in! I really don't think that it is going to pop in the next few weeks.
What I miss: I haven't missed anything this week. I am too busy looking forward to the future to think about what I am missing in the past.
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to finally finishing the nursery. It is coming together so nicely that I can't wait until the only thing missing from the room in Nathan.
Weekly Wisdom: I have none this week.

This week has been full of ups and downs in terms of the baby. We had our last ultrasound last week and the baby did not cooperate and show his little face, so we'll have to wait until December before seeing what he looks like. Also, when the doctor weighed him, he said he was a bit on the small side: 1.7 Kg's when he should be a little over 2Kg's. I have started eating more to try and fatten him up a bit before his due date. While the doctor tells me he is in the average and not to worry, I can't help but feel like I didn't do a good job making sure he was healthy.

In positive baby news...Cornel finally finished painting the nursery, mural and all, and it looks amazing. We have started setting up the furniture and hopefully we will be done by next weekend and all we will have left to do is put Nathan in his room!

And as usual, here is a picture of the baby bump at exactly 33 weeks!



Pin It

1 comment:

wendells said...

I thought my belly button would never pop too, but it did towards the end. I wish I could remember what week that happened. It's awesome that you're able to get a good nights sleep! Gavin can't wait to meet his cousin Nathan! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...