30 weeks


According to the experts, the baby is still the size of a squash. His skin is getting smoother and his brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. He's also adding some brawn -- his grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

How far along? 29 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? This week has been exclusive maternity pants as always, but still mixing in my regular pre-pregnancy shirts. I find that sometimes the non-pregnancy shirts fit better and look nicer than some of the baggier maternity clothes with a lot of room in the belly.
Stretch marks? Still not a one. I have become a moisturizing freak putting on cocoa butter twice a day!
Sleep: This week has been horrible for sleeping, not because of the baby but because I caught a terrible cold and have found it impossible to breathe, let alone sleep.
Food cravings: No cravings this week. I haven't had much of an appetite but have managed to eat some hot oatmeal in the morning and very hot soup in the evenings to make my throat feel better.
Gender: Still a boy and the name has been made official.
Labor Signs: Nothing yet
Belly Button in or out? Belly button is still in! Still so happy, I am in complete fear of this phenomenon.
What I miss: I miss being able to breathe like a normal human being. I am hoping this cold subsides soon and I can get back to being happy and pregnant.
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to so many things this week. I am looking forward to my birthday on Saturday and having a small get together with family and friends. I am also looking forward to closing on our new apartment next week and beginning the moving process. I am not excited for the packing/unpacking moving aspect, but to get settled into our new home as a family.
Weekly Wisdom: When someone tells you to cover up or you might get sick, believe them! It is true! Also, make sure you get plenty of rest, even if you think you feel okay.

Like I said, this week has not been fun. I began to get sick on Monday with a sore throat and has progressed to today being completely and utterly unable to breathe or function as a human being. I was completely freaked out when I went to the infirmary at work and they told me to go home immediately and call my doctor since I could be doing some harm to the baby! I freaked out of course, and immediately called the doctor who took me in right away. After determining what I already knew, it is just a cold and not the flu (and not the swine flu) I just had to get some rest and drink plenty of fluids. After having done all that, I wonder why I didn't just get an MD degree, since he told me the exact same thing I had already known. Funny how Cornel believed it coming from him, but when I told him I just needed rest he said "Let's just see what the doctor says". So now, I am still in the same boat, unable to take medications and drinking more than my bladder can handle. I hope this passes soon!!

But in any case, here is the picture of my belly at exactly 29 weeks.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...