28 Weeks



According to the experts, the baby is still the size of an eggplant. His lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, he has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). His skin is still pretty wrinkly (one by product of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

I am now officially in my 7th month, only three more to go. We just have 12 short weeks until we get to hold our little boy!

How far along? 27 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? Still not exclusively and I love wearing my comfy pajama or yoga pants. These are definitely a great investment if you are not pregnant.
Stretch marks? Still not a one. I have become a moisturizing freak putting on cocoa butter twice a day!
Sleep: Sleep is still pretty good. I have no problems sleeping through the night, except for the 1 to 2 trips a night I make to the bathroom.
Food cravings: I am still detoxing from vacation and believe it or not I am craving healthy food, like oatmeal and yogurts and fruit. Hopefully this will help keep my weight in check the next time I go to the doctors. I am up 9 pounds this pregnancy (4 KG's), and I am hoping that I won't put on too much excess weight these next few months.
Gender: Still a boy and still very active.
Labor Signs: Nothing yet
Belly Button in or out? Belly button is still in! I am really, really hoping that it stays in for the next three months!
What I miss: I miss being on vacation and I want to go back!
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to the weekend with Cornel and my next birthing class on Friday.
Weekly Wisdom: Nothing this week.

This week has been the first normal week back home. After recovering from vacation and getting back into a routine. We went shopping on Saturday and Cornel picked up some adorable clothes for the baby to wear home from the hospital. We also went looking for other miscellaneous things that we didn't pick up in the US to get an idea of what we needed to buy and how much it would cost us. We also started making the list of things that my mom would have to bring with her when she comes in December.

I did start to panic when I didn't feel the baby move as often I was used to. Luckily his activity went back to normal. I can't stop worrying sometimes about him and making sure he is okay. It is so hard to be OK when I can't see what is going on and to check up and make sure he is still doing okay. It makes me worried that if I am acting like this now when he is inside the womb, how am I going to be when he is out!

And finally, here is my belly pic at exactly 27 weeks. The last week in my sixth month and in the second trimester!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...