21 Weeks

I am well into my fifth month and now I am just counting down the days to the many different events that I have in the near future, trip back home, moving into our new house and of course the baby. It is hard to believe that it is mid July and this year is more than half over!

As for the baby... according to the experts the baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.

How far along?
20 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? No...not yet..I just need to keep it up a few more weeks! I have become very creative with my wardrobe and I am so glad I saved all those empire tops that were in style last year. I might have to cave in the US and pick up a pair of cute work pants, but other than that...I am still saving a fortune. Halfway there and not a cent (or centime in this case) has been spent towards clothes I will not be able to use again!
Stretch marks? Not yet, thankfully, but I have been lathering myself up in cocoa butter to try and prevent as best as I can.
Sleep: what sleep? This week has been horrible. I had more leg cramps in the middle of the night, and frankly it is so hot and uncomfortable that I don't get a lot of sleep. I miss air conditioning!
Best moment this week: this week has been roughand it is hard to find a good moment let alone a best one. I love our Saturday morning tradition and it is the only thing that keeps me sane...pain au chocolate and coffee at Garden Ice Café.
Food cravings: Still no on the cravings and I amstarting to wonder where they are! I haven't been much in the mood for eating so I guess anytime I get an appetite it's a good thing!
Gender: not yet...but 6 days to go
Labor Signs: Nothing yet
Belly Button in or out? Still in and very sad to be getting rid of the belly ring next week.
What I miss: I miss the modern comforts of life...central air conditioning, a clothes dryer and automatic cars and while we are it,being able to drive! But I guess none of these are baby related!
What I am looking forward to: The end of this week and finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl! Finally!
Weekly Wisdom: Watch your step and take the elevator.

This week has been rough for me, physically and emotionally. Yesterday I managed to fall down some stairs at the mall and luckily three strangers were coming up the stairs or I would have broken my neck! I have also been getting dizzy spells were I feel like I will collapse. No one tells you these side effects when they tell you how wonderful it is to be pregnant! I seriously feel like a stranger in my own body, where I could take the stairs at work and not feel like passing out, literally; or when I could take the stairs down at work without falling on my ass! What happend to those days!

And now..the picture of me at 20 weeks and 0 days, at the official mid point of my pregnancy.


Pin It

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

Felicidades, le adivine que era Hombrecito.... No lo puedo Creer.... Wow!!! muy Emocionada.... mi priemr nieto..... sera una experiencia completamente nueva.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...